Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #3,647 of 5,310
  I've a couple of pairs of Acrylics (Merlin and Cosmic Ears early 2BA) and they're super comfortable, I'm tempted to try Silicone though... decisions, decisions...

I have tried quite a few customs so far, and TBH, if you get a good fit, silicon or acrylic are super comfortable. Silicon is harder to insert when dry though. If you do want to go for silicon customs, try and get ones with removable cables. mine died on me because the part joining the cable to the custom failed.

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #3,648 of 5,310
I have tried quite a few customs so far, and TBH, if you get a good fit, silicon or acrylic are super comfortable. Silicon is harder to insert when dry though. If you do want to go for silicon customs, try and get ones with removable cables. mine died on me because the part joining the cable to the custom failed.

Which silicone customs you are referring to?

Regarding the difference between acrylic and sillicone I would also add that it is far more harder to pull out the sillicone ciems than the acrylic ones.

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #3,650 of 5,310
Don't mean to derail the Cosmic Ears chat but how are the Mi Pro's? Not many reviews around for their products so hard to know how they compare to others in that price range (Cosmic Ears included!)

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #3,651 of 5,310
  Don't mean to derail the Cosmic Ears chat but how are the Mi Pro's? Not many reviews around for their products so hard to know how they compare to others in that price range (Cosmic Ears included!)

well... I actually only got them to try out silicon. I think they're comparable to cosmicears BA2 although you pay alot less for the BA2. If it's comfort you're really looking for, use phil's prefit service. Both silicon and acrylic have the potential to be very comfortable, although I would go with the acrylic because of my cable troubles with the silicon.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #3,652 of 5,310
I prefer the arylic as well (but in my case mainly due to the more easier insertion/pulling of acrylic ciems as well as this feeling of sillicone sticking to the ear canal - I don't know how to describe it).

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,653 of 5,310
I prefer the arylic as well (but in my case mainly due to the more easier insertion/pulling of acrylic ciems as well as this feeling of sillicone sticking to the ear canal - I don't know how to describe it).

I know what you mean, my friend feels exactly the same way about them but it doesnt bother me as much.still, a well fitted pair of acrylics for me!! ITS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #3,654 of 5,310
My reshells are being posted today! Very excited. Phil has also made his own crossover for them as the UE900 didn't measure well.

The prefit service was great - it proved my left shell fitted perfectly but right was a little tight. Fingers and toes crossed it fits now!

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #3,655 of 5,310
My reshells are being posted today! Very excited. Phil has also made his own crossover for them as the UE900 didn't measure well.

The prefit service was great - it proved my left shell fitted perfectly but right was a little tight. Fingers and toes crossed it fits now!

well... I never used the pre-fit service, Phil made my customs from my impressions and mere descriptions, both fit me perfectly!

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #3,656 of 5,310
  Now that's what I'm talking about!

That's the best looking CIEM cable/connector there is, period
If this is as easy on the ear as it is on the eye (and I'll bet it is ) then I WOOT!

After using it for a little bit now (not even half an hour LOL), at the risk of sounding like a cheap sanitary pad commercial, its like not wearing anything at all!!!!
biggrin.gif
etysmile.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #3,660 of 5,310
Nice, I hope you can furnish us with closeups of the plug when you receive them?
(and sonic/fit impressions too of course)

Just realised that you already have them :)

I'll try and get them up during the weekend, right now the light isnt very conducive in my dorm room.
I'm not an expert at sonic descriptions and stuff, but damn, my jaw dropped when I first listened to the BA4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back