Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Feb 7, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #3,586 of 5,310
AFAIK, BA3 has rather V shaped sound. Whereas BA4 is neutral (r version being more analytical/reference and f version with added warmth and musicality). So, much depends what you are looking for in the sound.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #3,588 of 5,310
I think it's about time Cosmic Ears offers universal mold for all of its CIEM 
wink_face.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #3,591 of 5,310
[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]The day has arrived... after loving my um3x for almost four years, I crushed them, um3x+back pocket+chair=bad idea hahahaha. The solution? wait until phill activates my CER shop request xDD, this way I kill two birds with one stone, I keep my es3x (?) and you have my ear impressions for future ciems (hy5 maybe?? xDD).

I'll be anxious waiting your answer :D my CE user is the same, Enigma87

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #3,600 of 5,310
I've got my jh16 reshells back from Phil, and I must say that the fit is SPOT-ON!!! No company has ever made a pair of acrylic-based customs that fit right the first time!
Phil was extremely responsive throughout the entire process, even before I made the purchase. This is the most positive experience I've had with a customs company thus far.. For the measly amount I paid for the JH16 reshell(they were my own originally, but the original build was lacking and the fit was pretty bad, and I always had a suspicion there was imbalance between R-L), Phil fixed my imbalance issue, replaced the everything inside that was broken down and worn out, and I received a pair of IEMs that I feel are better in build quality compared to the original.

I think some points really stood out in the whole process that highlights Cosmic Ears' dedication to its customers
1) Phil advised me against getting a HY3 replacement and suggested I wait for the reshell to be done since I would probably not enjoy it as much. What company in its right mind would turn down more business!!
2) Phil actually used his personal time to help experiment and repair the imbalance problem for my Jh16s. I cannot express in words how grateful I am to him. Without his help I would just have a pair of very expensive paper weights.
3) The process took a little longer than usual, which I stress is NO FAULT of cosmic ear. Since JH uses different sizes from the standard sound tubes, Phil had to order them and wait. Plus, he had to experiment through trial and error the best way to remedy the imbalance. Although it wasn't his fault, he felt responsible for it and more than made up for it by throwing in a HUGE surprise when he sent my reshells back.

I'm pretty sure that Phil made a huge loss in trying to remedy my reshell, and I truly appreciate his help.

Phil, if you read this, thanks for all your help! You have a loyal customer for life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back