Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Feb 5, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #3,575 of 5,310
I'm really looking closely at Cosmic ears as they seem to have a great lineup with good build quality but I'm having some trouble deciding between the BA2 and BA3.

With a few little personal customisations these would come out to $288 and $410, respectively. These prices are not including the ~$150 or so for the audiologist impressions and shipping to Sweden from Australia.

I'm happy to pay the extra money if the sound quality is going to be noticeably better, but otherwise I'll likely go with the BA2s. Can anyone here offer any input or give any general thoughts on the topic?

For reference I would be moving up from a pair of Shure SE215s

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #3,577 of 5,310
It's $50 for the impressions and I'd plan on sending them express. From Australia to Sweden it can get a bit expensive to ship and I usually overestimate, just in case it'd need to be sent back etc.

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #3,578 of 5,310
I'm a fan of CE but maybe you should try ciems first from a company closer to you. Imagine you have to do a refit, are you willing to pay another $100 just to ship it back?

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #3,579 of 5,310
Has anyone heard from CE this week via email? Sent a couple this week with no reply.

Thanks

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3,582 of 5,310
  I'm a fan of CE but maybe you should try ciems first from a company closer to you. Imagine you have to do a refit, are you willing to pay another $100 just to ship it back?

Even if I'd need a refit it'd still be cheaper than going for other similar spec'd/quality companies that are near me.

I think considering the great Customer Support I've had from Phil too, I'd rather support CE as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back