Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #2,687 of 5,310
Quote:
Damn! Now I feel like changing over to BA4F.... :p

I have not paid yet, but I was in a conversation with Phil that I wanted BA2.....
Not sure if I would be able to change over...

Though if I were to change, I am slightly concern on the overshadowing of the treble.. Is it that bad? As in I don't mind slight overshadow but not basshead type....
Hope I am making sense here.

Well the mid and treble overshadowing is not supposed to happen. There is something weird going in my ears. So I will get the demo models, and then I'll be able to know for sure which model I like better. Even in my case, the overshadowing only happened with some artists.

Edit: Phil has also checked the impedance swings, and this was definitely not the problem.

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #2,689 of 5,310
Quote:
Yes sir! Can't wait to audition the BA6 if that ever happens :3

Actually I want you to audition the BA4 models, and see how they perform against the SE5!

Could be good idea actually, when I have some time from my studies and never ending exams, I can try to get demo units. I am actually more interested in BA6, can it be a UM Miracles killer? I really wonder what Phil is planning for his flagship ciem. Maybe another 2 version model like BA4's?

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #2,691 of 5,310
Quote:
Sorry for breaking the conversation here, but how long does it usually takes to get the reshelling done?
Just send my TF10 for a reshell yesterday.

I believe it will depend when it reached plus the current queue of the ciems. Average timing seems to be 2-3 months from what I heard and seen. (Based on my own checking only and this excludes exceptional cases like the wire problem a few months ago.)

Sidetracking, I have lost to self-restraint and got the BA4F instead :p
I have made my payment and Phil indicated that he is starting the shell making today!

May my Choice be my Light!
(Though I am not really that worried, as it is quite comprehensive that it is most likely clear, just whether if the bass is truly to my likings, which I believe is adjustable)

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #2,692 of 5,310
Quote:
I believe it will depend when it reached plus the current queue of the ciems. Average timing seems to be 2-3 months from what I heard and seen. (Based on my own checking only and this excludes exceptional cases like the wire problem a few months ago.)

Sidetracking, I have lost to self-restraint and got the BA4F instead :p
I have made my payment and Phil indicated that he is starting the shell making today!

May my Choice be my Light!
(Though I am not really that worried, as it is quite comprehensive that it is most likely clear, just whether if the bass is truly to my likings, which I believe is adjustable)

Well, what kind of bass do you like? 

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #2,694 of 5,310
Quote:
Finally found someone who listens to kpop and owns BA4F too. Can you tell me what songs you sampled and what differences you heard or anything you need to say? I really only listen to kpop and want to know what to expect from the BA4F. Thanks!

Here's some songs off the top of my head that~

Urban Zakapa - 재회 (Sounded so much more fuller overall)
Miss A - No Mercy (Actually discovered some of the beats were two notes instead of one. It was especially apparent in the beginning.)
터보(Turbo) - 회상 (Sounded like I was hearing a whole new song)
Drunken Tiger - Body, Body (깨달음의 작은 비밀) (Gave me chills. I never realized I was missing so much)
범키(Bumkey) - 미친연애(Bad Girl)(Feat. E-Sens of 슈프림팀) (Didn't know they had saxophones in the song)
C-Clown - 흔들리고 있어(Shaking Heart) (Hard to explain but listening to this was much more enjoyable than before)
나윤권 - 약한 남자 (I've been listening to this song for years and never realized there was a triangle in this song)

The list really is endless and all I can say is that the earphones do a great job separating all the sounds and balancing them well without one really over overpowering the other. Strangely enough it was the older songs that showed the biggest difference for me. Before the BA4F the songs were all just one blurb with not much separation but after listening to them again with my CIEMs, I'm amazed at how much depth there was to these songs.

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,696 of 5,310
Quote:
uhm.. I hope I make sense...

Punchy,
Not too deep,
Not thick.

I guess that is what I can think of.

Yeah I think you will like it. Although my pair Was thick sounding, but I'm the only one experiencing this apparently. I guess I'll know soon enough, whether it's just my personal taste, or something strange going on with the cIEM + my ear.

The bass was very punchy, and very detailed, but thick sounding due to the extension of the boost into the lower mids. Really curious if the BA4f demo pair has the same problem for me.

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #2,697 of 5,310
Quote:
Here's some songs off the top of my head that~

Urban Zakapa - 재회 (Sounded so much more fuller overall)
Miss A - No Mercy (Actually discovered some of the beats were two notes instead of one. It was especially apparent in the beginning.)
터보(Turbo) - 회상 (Sounded like I was hearing a whole new song)
Drunken Tiger - Body, Body (깨달음의 작은 비밀) (Gave me chills. I never realized I was missing so much)
범키(Bumkey) - 미친연애(Bad Girl)(Feat. E-Sens of 슈프림팀) (Didn't know they had saxophones in the song)
C-Clown - 흔들리고 있어(Shaking Heart) (Hard to explain but listening to this was much more enjoyable than before)
나윤권 - 약한 남자 (I've been listening to this song for years and never realized there was a triangle in this song)

The list really is endless and all I can say is that the earphones do a great job separating all the sounds and balancing them well without one really over overpowering the other. Strangely enough it was the older songs that showed the biggest difference for me. Before the BA4F the songs were all just one blurb with not much separation but after listening to them again with my CIEMs, I'm amazed at how much depth there was to these songs.

Thanks for the reply, can't wait to experience this myself, it's always fun to rediscover songs! Do you listen to SNSD? I'd like to get your thoughts on these two songs with the BA4F if possible.

TaeTiSeo - Baby Steps
Taeyeon - Missing you like crazy

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #2,698 of 5,310
Project 86 would the UM merlin be comparable to the HY3 or be better considered its little brother... When I looked this up yesterday it got me really excited to see how Phil's HY5 will fare when components and design time become available but none the less I can't wait to hear more on it.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #2,700 of 5,310
Project 86 would the UM merlin be comparable to the HY3 or be better considered its little brother... When I looked this up yesterday it got me really excited to see how Phil's HY5 will fare when components and design time become available but none the less I can't wait to hear more on it.

Sorry, never heard the HY3. The BA4 is not terribly far behind the Merlin though, so Phil is definitely doing something right.

Yes, in fact there was a screwton of hiss. It was pretty much unlistenable. 

This sums up my entire Rocoo listening experience. Needless to say, I won't bother with any hisound DAPs unless they have some type of breakthrough product that is completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back