Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2,701 of 5,310
Quote:
Sorry, never heard the HY3. The BA4 is not terribly far behind the Merlin though, so Phil is definitely doing something right.
This sums up my entire Rocoo listening experience. Needless to say, I won't bother with any hisound DAPs unless they have some type of breakthrough product that is completely different.

For sensitive devices the rocoo devices are completely off the map. However with some of the less sensitive devices I've found the rocoo p to sound pretty darn good actually. Then again, I don't think I'll ever use full sized headphones again when on the road...

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #2,702 of 5,310
I just received 3 updates from CE within the past 8 hours, the last one being testing and QA, so they can't be far off! I would anticipate that the upcoming HY5 would be equivalent to the Merlin, with the HY3 being a little brother. I'll find out when I receive them 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #2,705 of 5,310
You guys are so lucky! Mine are in "shell detail", I'm guessing that's when they start to shape my impressions?

Aug 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #2,706 of 5,310
Quote:
You guys are so lucky! Mine are in "shell detail", I'm guessing that's when they start to shape my impressions?

Not sure, because my electronic assembly was before shell detail.
Electronic assembly - Aug 11
Shell detailing - Aug 20
Shell assembly - this morning
Final finishing - this morning
Testing and QA - this afternoon
Packed and ready for shipping - this afternoon

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #2,707 of 5,310
Quote:
Not sure, because my electronic assembly was before shell detail.
Electronic assembly - Aug 11
Shell detailing - Aug 20
Shell assembly - this morning
Final finishing - this morning
Testing and QA - this afternoon
Packed and ready for shipping - this afternoon

Hm, that's weird. Unless they put the wrong status? I only placed my order two nights ago.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #2,708 of 5,310
Quote:
Hm, that's weird. Unless they put the wrong status? I only placed my order two nights ago.

Did you use Pre-fit? Cos if you did, then u are the same as me. I am also currently in shell detailing..

Quote:
Yeah I think you will like it. Although my pair Was thick sounding, but I'm the only one experiencing this apparently. I guess I'll know soon enough, whether it's just my personal taste, or something strange going on with the cIEM + my ear.

The bass was very punchy, and very detailed, but thick sounding due to the extension of the boost into the lower mids. Really curious if the BA4f demo pair has the same problem for me.

That really soothes my anxiety a lot more. Thanks..
Now I am even more pumped up to receive the completed product. :D

Hope the others will have a good time as well.

On a side note, I wonder what is the current queue like? Though I did say 2-3 months seems to be the average timing...But what is the current pace of the completion though?
However, i did prefit, therefore the timing is most likely longer though..

Now that I think of it, after i tried my empty shells, and it fits, do i need to send back? I know if it doesn't or not comfortable, we need to send back for adjustments..

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #2,709 of 5,310
Quote:
Did you use Pre-fit? Cos if you did, then u are the same as me. I am also currently in shell detailing..

Nope, no pre fit. Either they switched up the procedures or they updated the wrong status since someone said a few days ago that their system wasn't working properly. Even though it is highly unlikely, it would be really nice if they were almost finished since I'm so eager to get them!

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #2,715 of 5,310
I'm slightly confused now. Somewhere on their site I subscribed for an email notification list which would inform me once they would be taking new orders. This was over six months ago, and I thought that since many people are discussing their CIEM that maybe the system just didn't register me, or my email service filtered the notification email or something. I did try it twice though, but now that I look on their site there's a "How to Buy" guide that implies you can just go up and order some. I thought I've been queuing for mine for months!

Could anyone who has recently created an order confirm how does the site work at the moment? I feel a bit bummed now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back