Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,996 of 5,310
Plus Swimsonny told me that the XY3XB is very bass heavy, more than IE8 at maximum bass setting. Phil say that the XY3XB has a little bass more than the regular XY3. According to Swimsonny and Phil the XY3 is bass elevated not neutral...

May 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #1,997 of 5,310
I agree with Phil here.
I had the HY3 ( non XB ) and It wasn't excessively bassy for me.
I would describe myself as a 'borderline basshead' with wildly eclectic music tastes ( from country to dubstep ) who loves extended but tight accurate bass with a slight emphasis.
The HY3 fulfilled my needs brilliantly, and It's only because of an a destructive accident that I no longer have them.
I'm now waiting for the HY5

Sonnys description of tha bass on the HY3-XB made me think that it would just be slightly too much for me, but I'd love to hear one to compare.
I'm also keen to hear more opinions of the other models, I hope Cosmic get the cables or whatever is required to proceed soon.

May 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #1,998 of 5,310
I'm in a dilemma again guys. While I'm not a basshead, I'd still want a moderate amount of bass. I was completely set on getting BA4 but after reading the impressions it doesn't seem like it's for me but then thinking back, the most neutral thing I own are my AV40 and I actually really like that sound because I can clearly hear everything. The description of the BA5 is really captivating but after seeing you guys talk about the HY3, it sounds like something for me.. I have a pair of IE 8 and I have the bass set to about medium and I think it's okay but the bass lacks detail if that makes sense.

May 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #2,000 of 5,310
Quote:
The HY3 will be just what you are looking for from reports and what I've heard :)

I think so too, I just emailed Phil to see what he thinks. I'm a bit afraid though, because with my IE8 the bass was enough but then the bass wasn't very detailed and mids and highs were outshined by the lows. I guess the HY3 wouldn't be like that since it has BA mid and high drivers to deliver clear mids and highs and a low dynamic for deep lows? Hopefully I can finally get a second pair of customs soon and maybe have Phil redo my TF10 customs cause something is wrong with them. The problem with having my TF10 redone that I'm upset about is that Phil can't do the artwork I have on them, can't believe Phil can't do it but I guess they just don't have the equipment for it. :frowning2:

May 12, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #2,001 of 5,310
With all the problems that CE have had with the cable situation and getting the drivers in for the newer ranges (ba4, 5 etc), I rather imagine that they have been concentrating on getting those situations sorted.  Not much point getting the artwork done if you can't sell the monitors with no cables!

Cheers

May 12, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #2,002 of 5,310
Quote:
With all the problems that CE have had with the cable situation and getting the drivers in for the newer ranges (ba4, 5 etc), I rather imagine that they have been concentrating on getting those situations sorted.  Not much point getting the artwork done if you can't sell the monitors with no cables!

Cheers

I actually don't care about how does it look, cool or whatsoever. So forr me all those artworks are kind of wasting money. I would be basicly happy with the Cosmic Ears special purple colored shells as long as technical capabilities are just fine.

Soon or late I am gonna order a pair from Phil, I am just not sure what will be the purpose of it. It will be either main ciem that I listen to all the time or gym ciem that I will just use it during the active movement periods.

If it will be purposed for gym, I think I will go for HY3. I listen to mostly EDM when I do running and all, I feel like it will fit best there.

May 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2,004 of 5,310
Quote:
Hey guys Where can I buy the impression material?

Go to the audiologist if you don't want your impression to go back and forth from the freezing cold northern wasteland europe

:p

May 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #2,005 of 5,310
Nice end to a crappy day.  Got my paypal invoice (yes CE finally have some money out of me!)and my ciems are boxed and ready to go:)  I'm really hopeful that this is the last time.  The ma's should have been an easy fix as that was just the strain relief pressing against my ear preventing sealing (yeah I know what are the odds!), and the adjusted shells just needed the right shaving down a couple of mm's for comfort.

Fingers crossed. 

If they get them out tomorrow (probably too late now, damn this having to go to work to pay for things, don't like it very much!)then on the last couple of examples I should have them by the weekend :)

Cheers

May 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2,006 of 5,310
Quote:
Nice end to a crappy day.  Got my paypal invoice (yes CE finally have some money out of me!)and my ciems are boxed and ready to go:)  I'm really hopeful that this is the last time.  The ma's should have been an easy fix as that was just the strain relief pressing against my ear preventing sealing (yeah I know what are the odds!), and the adjusted shells just needed the right shaving down a couple of mm's for comfort.

Fingers crossed. 

If they get them out tomorrow (probably too late now, damn this having to go to work to pay for things, don't like it very much!)then on the last couple of examples I should have them by the weekend :)

Cheers

Dude after all these unfortunate problems you had, you owe us a review of your ciems 
tongue.gif
 Btw, yes mate, I do hope it will fit perfectly this time. I mean I wish it from my heart 
happy_face1.gif

May 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #2,008 of 5,310
I'm still impressed about how much you guys have to pay. I've been to 2 different audiologists and they both did it for free even when they had nothing to gain. One was even a Westone dealer.

May 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #2,009 of 5,310
Quote:
I'm still impressed about how much you guys have to pay. I've been to 2 different audiologists and they both did it for free even when they had nothing to gain. One was even a Westone dealer.

The highest quote I received was $120 for ONE ear. She insisted that the others were not professionals :\
The one I chose ended up being a Westone dealer. She asked me what the lowest price quote I had and said she'd beat it by $20.

May 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #2,010 of 5,310
Quote:
Called over 10 local audiologists(hearing aid centers) and found one who does both ears for $50(LA/Southbay)
Can't wait to place an order! These will be my first CIEMs

Damn! That is a deal in my opinion, the one I went to last year charged $50 for both ears and I called back a few months ago and now they want $80 PER EAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back