Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #2,026 of 5,310
So excited guys, I'm finally packing up my impressions to ship out to Cosmic. Decided on the BA4F.

May 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #2,032 of 5,310
Quote:
F stands for "Fun" as far as I know

Yeah, it stands for fun. Basically it's the BA4 that retains it's clarity but Phil tweaked the crossover to extend the lows by around 3db.

Quote:
Now if only whoever is making the cables would hurry the "F" up...

From what Phil has told me, they should be there any day.

May 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2,034 of 5,310
Quote:
Yeah, it stands for fun. Basically it's the BA4 that retains it's clarity but Phil tweaked the crossover to extend the lows by around 3db.

From what Phil has told me, they should be there any day.

Well that sounds pretty darn tempting! I recon many people would prefer this signature, since the bass would balance out the elevated upper mids/lower highs.

I'm also very impressed by the incredible flexibility of this company, jeesh!

May 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #2,035 of 5,310
I'm waiting on my ma's and tf10 reshell before deciding on any further models. I didn't get a photo this time so whilst I know pretty much what to expect from the ma's (bLue, Red) I have no idea what Phil's done with the tf10's (other than the working plan was a matching as possible colour, so Black Faceplate, Gunmetal blueish sort of colour). No sign of them today, hopefully tomorrow but more likely monday!

Cheers

May 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,036 of 5,310
Quote:
Ah, I see, we talked about that tweak but I didn't know it got its own name. That's cool, it means people can still get the crazy neutral version like I have, or the more mainstream F model.

Yeah, I didn't know about this either. Phil told me about it when I asked him about HY3 and BA4 and then I was immediately tempted once I heard there was a BA4F.

Quote:
Well that sounds pretty darn tempting! I recon many people would prefer this signature, since the bass would balance out the elevated upper mids/lower highs.

I'm also very impressed by the incredible flexibility of this company, jeesh!

Yeah, I was sort of set on the HY3 after learning about how neutral the BA4 was but then once I heard about the BA4F I immediately jumped back on to the BA4. Clarity with a bit more low end = happy camper. Phil sure does listen to what his customers want.

May 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2,037 of 5,310
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't know about this either. Phil told me about it when I asked him about HY3 and BA4 and then I was immediately tempted once I heard there was a BA4F.
Yeah, I was sort of set on the HY3 after learning about how neutral the BA4 was but then once I heard about the BA4F I immediately jumped back on to the BA4. Clarity with a bit more low end = happy camper. Phil sure does listen to what his customers want.

I'm very interested in your impressions of the BA4f. Definitely sounds like a ciem that could replace the tdk BA200 when it breaks.

May 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #2,038 of 5,310
Quote:
I'm very interested in your impressions of the BA4f. Definitely sounds like a ciem that could replace the tdk BA200 when it breaks.

LOL. This actually made me laugh 
smily_headphones1.gif
. What are you up to now, for what you are saving money? Full sized cans for home, checked, iem for on to go, checked, trying pads and modding them, checked, if I am not mistaking you have some kind of speaker system too.

So it is time to jump into the ciem pool? If I know you, as a flat sound lover, I think normal BA4 would fit better for your tastes unless you are changing a little bit.

May 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #2,039 of 5,310
Quote:

LOL. This actually made me laugh 
smily_headphones1.gif
. What are you up to now, for what you are saving money? Full sized cans for home, checked, iem for on to go, checked, trying pads and modding them, checked, if I am not mistaking you have some kind of speaker system too.

So it is time to jump into the ciem pool? If I know you, as a flat sound lover, I think normal BA4 would fit better for your tastes unless you are changing a little bit.

Honestly man, I'm really content with my current setup. But I'm afraid the BA200 will not last very long. It will definitely break within two years and I obviously want something better to replace it :D
I do love a flat/ neutral sound, but like the gmp 8.35D the BA4 has a bright signature. So a boost in the upper mids/lower treble. And I think a boost in the bass will balance it out a bit, so that the sound is warmer and less bright/brittle sounding. 
I think it's a shame so many people confuse bright with flat. It's not the same at all. I'd rather have a slight boost in bass than a slight boost somewhere else that might actually hurt my ears. 

May 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #2,040 of 5,310
Quote:
Honestly man, I'm really content with my current setup. But I'm afraid the BA200 will not last very long. It will definitely break within two years and I obviously want something better to replace it :D
I do love a flat/ neutral sound, but like the gmp 8.35D the BA4 has a bright signature. So a boost in the upper mids/lower treble. And I think a boost in the bass will balance it out a bit, so that the sound is warmer and less bright/brittle sounding. 
I think it's a shame so many people confuse bright with flat. It's not the same at all. I'd rather have a slight boost in bass than a slight boost somewhere else that might actually hurt my ears. 

Well good luck then, it seems CE has perfect solutions for you without burning your wallet 
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back