Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,561 of 5,310
Quote:

Can I suggest that you contact Phil at Cosmic Ears for a recommendation to fit your needs, because if you are after "huge, rumbling, visceral sub-bass" then that may exclude some of the pure balanced armature models, straight away, and may require one of the Hybrid models. Anyway, Phil will be able to advise which model would best fit your needs.

Speaking of which, anyone had any replies to emails from ce this week? Expecting a reply and it's all gone quiet :)  Guessing phils got busy rather quickly now which can only be a good thing.

Cheers

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #1,563 of 5,310
Yep.  You know what it's like though.  Don't want to let the email slip, but don't want to pester them :)

Wait till monday then I'll send it again :)

Cheers

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #1,564 of 5,310
Am I correct in thinking that the £65 Pure model has effectively been killed off? Something of a shame if so, my brother's expressed interest in custom IEMs and I was going to buy him a pair for his birthday :frowning2:

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #1,571 of 5,310
Sigh.

Off they go again for what I hope is the final time.  What is a shame is that I couldn't claim airmiles that these are racking up (if air miles are still going). 
"Unusual" and "we haven't had to do that before" are just a couple of things in the email I got yesterday.  I heard that Phil likes a challenge.  I think it's safe to say that mine qualify :)

Cheers

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #1,573 of 5,310
Quote:
Sigh.

Off they go again for what I hope is the final time.  What is a shame is that I couldn't claim airmiles that these are racking up (if air miles are still going). 
"Unusual" and "we haven't had to do that before" are just a couple of things in the email I got yesterday.  I heard that Phil likes a challenge.  I think it's safe to say that mine qualify :)

Cheers

Overall dude, you might actually just have been cheaper to go to Stockholm and get a personal fitting. Flights from the UK can be had for £70 return 
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #1,574 of 5,310
Quote:
David, how close were you to getting a perfect seal now?

Hi

About {---} (finger and thumb!) that!  I truely belive the top part that fits under the flap (where most manufacturers print model and date?) Needs reducing a tad and then we are there.  At least thats what I hope.  Nothing else makes sense as we have played about with depth and thickness to no avail.  I seem to be the only person who can insert the right ciem TWO ways and have it hold (not particularly comfortably though).

Cheers

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #1,575 of 5,310
Hey guys!
I just received my BA2 a few weeks back but I have qualms about getting a perfect seal. I have used my friendsShure 535 and somehow, the silicon tips gives me better seal than my BA2s. My left monitor doesn't seal well and I have to push it in to hold it to get a better seal. And if I push both my monitors in, I get a better seal as tho if I stuffed both my fingers in my ears. Is there anything wrong with the right monitor or just the left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back