Corda Symphony info and impressions
Dec 9, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #226 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did.
icon10.gif
There are some anal-retentive nutjobs in the audiophile world who'd actually do something like this and swear they could hear a difference.

I bet you haven't tried it. Afraid to hear a difference?
biggrin.gif
icon10.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #229 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, the soundstage from the Symphony never sounded that good!! Thanks for such a wondeful and incredible mod!!

Just wait till you try the granite shield mod.

Place a slab of granite on top of any source to improve SQ. This is because granite shields the source from ionised quarks from outer space interfering with the audio signal.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #231 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wait till you try the granite shield mod.

Place a slab of granite on top of any source to improve SQ. This is because granite shields the source from ionised quarks from outer space interfering with the audio signal.

I didn't knew that... where can I get some medical grade granite? Also, since they are from outer space, don't you think that it should be better to cover all my house?

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #232 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't knew that... where can I get some medical grade granite? Also, since they are from outer space, don't you think that it should be better to cover all my house?

Dude, you mean you haven't rewired all your mains power cabling with shielded litz-braid solid core cables?
eek.gif

Also, its a good idea to hire an electrician to relocate all your mains power sockets to just below the ceiling. Electrons will pick up speed going downhill to your source and amp, resulting in a more energetic, engaging sound signature. If your power sockets are near the floor, and your audio gear is elevated, the electrons have to trudge uphill, resulting in a more strained, glarey and fatigueing sound.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #234 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not much love for the Symphony anymore?

Are the owners to busy listening or are there not that many owners?

Probably folk stopped posting here when the thread ended up with the stupid drivelling of the latter posts.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #235 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by jirams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably folk stopped posting here when the thread ended up with the stupid drivelling of the latter posts.

Agreed... would still like to hear some more impressions, especially a comparison of the Symphony and Opera.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #237 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would never pay that much for an amp that can't even drive stereo speakers too.
I like good quality but I also like bang-for-buck. This amp doesn't have it.

It's designed to drive headphones... not loudspeakers. The ability to use as a preamp for loudspeakers is a great added feature. It's really an incredible value. Just would like to hear more impressions before I order mine.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #238 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by sofronitsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed... would still like to hear some more impressions, especially a comparison of the Symphony and Opera.

I had two Opera (one for my K-1000) and sold both since I have the Symphony. The Synphony is IMHO an ultimate headphone amp. Comparing my Stax Hybrid Amp paired with the 4070 (or sometimes the Omega II) with the Symphony paired with the Ultrasone Edition 9, both driven by the AudioNET ART G2 I can't prefer one over the other. The Symphony is drier and cleaner, more controlled, more detailed, more subtile then the Opera. For those of you looking for a real high end solution order thy Symphony.

I have read that some owners would like the Symphony to be louder. I can not relate to this. I on the contrary asked Jan to help me to bring the volume a little but down. At the 0 Ohm headphone jack I can only use the 2 first steps before it is to loud for me. All with the gain switch being low. I keep you posted regarding Jan's solution.

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #239 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would never pay that much for an amp that can't even drive stereo speakers too.
I like good quality but I also like bang-for-buck. This amp doesn't have it.

Agreed - just like I would not have a Ferrari because the boot (trunk) is too small to carry the weeks groceries from the stores
confused_face.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #240 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by sofronitsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's designed to drive headphones... not loudspeakers.

I know that. For that kind of money though I expect you can get a good amp that will drive both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back