Coolest car you have ever driven/ridden in?
Jan 20, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #46 of 121
1978 Datsun HL510 factory Safari rallye car. Not the fastest thing I've ridden in but by far the coolest, especially during a rallycross. FJ24 motor with race only head and 50mm Mikunis. What a beautiful noise that was at 9 grand.

Jan 20, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #47 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
Driven:
928S4 (still my favorite)
911 Cabriolet
'77 Triumph Spitfire (was mine)
'76 TR-6
'64 TR-4
'67 Stang (I had a '67 Mustang, but Johnny's Stang got looks any where it went. Wish I had pics of it.)
'69 Ford Ranchero GT with a 351
'49 Chevy PU

Sat in:
Ford GT40
1908 Locomobil

Had a Spitfire too. Unless you had about $500 to put into it every other year it was usually ok. The neighbor across the street bought it 2 years ago. It was pretty cherry when I sold it. Now it's not so great
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 9:57 PM Post #48 of 121
Mitsubishi 3000GT with replaced turbos, intercooler, timing and tubro circuits, and some suspension work. The guy who took me for a drive was taking corners in a 35mph zone at well aboe 70. And it was raining out. That thing had more get up and go AND cornering/handling than ANYTHING else I have even seen. Impressive machine.

Jan 20, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #49 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
Had a Spitfire too. Unless you had about $500 to put into it every other year it was usually ok. The neighbor across the street bought it 2 years ago. It was pretty cherry when I sold it. Now it's not so great
frown.gif

I picked up mine out of a guys back yard for $2k, drove it regularly for 6 years (almost daily and sometimes it was my primary transport) only putting $1.5K in it (& $400 of that was tires and a new top). Sold it for $1K. Other than being a booger to start sometimes, it was dependable (never left me stranded).

It was never cherry, but it did catch me a wife
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #50 of 121
I just got a chance today to check out one of those Hummer H2s.I went to pick up my car from service and they had a very tricked-out example sitting on the showrrom floor.They are charging $3500-$6000 over list price for these things and the extra stuff they add like wheels,stereos etc are way overpriced and contributed to the $69,000 price tag on the one I saw today.That's stupid.

One of my welders has a Subaru WRX.I don't like the way it looks but it is nearly perfect as a city rocket.I drove it around for a few hours before he modded it with a bunch of performance parts.It is really quick and is cable of some incredible traffic manuvers.

Jan 21, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #51 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Ahh, and the infamous Fiat 125/126!
fiat126.jpg

Oh yeah, the national car of Poland. They're great if you're not stuck in the back seat - you need to be in fetal position if you're over 5'.

On another note, I remember when my dad bought a used '86 Jaguar Van den Plas. V12 engines are AWESOME, it felt like a turbine - so smooth. The car was a POS though, everything broke, and the electrical system seemed to be designed by Microsoft. He only bought it to fix and sell again (he's a mechanic). It was a hell of a chick magnet though. Women LOVE Jags.
Rimg0362.jpg

Jan 21, 2003 at 5:30 PM Post #52 of 121
Steinie,

Quote:

Fastest was my mechanic's Porsche modfied with a racing 6. I had it up to 193 at Laguna Seca.

I hope that's in km/h and not miles/h, because 193 MPH is impossible at Laguna Seca. ALMS prototype cars hit maybe 180, while ALMS GT cars (which is where the Porsches race) do 150 at the end of the front straight into turn 2. Normal street cars do 100 to 110 MPH, and that's with some amount of skill to keep your exit speed from turn 11 high.

--Andre

Jan 21, 2003 at 9:22 PM Post #54 of 121
Quote:

Oh yeah, the national car of Poland. They're great if you're not stuck in the back seat - you need to be in fetal position if you're over 5'.

16 hours of that was bad(I was 6 though). The same trip, a few years later when I was 15, now THAT was horrible. I was in a Daewoo Nexia. You would think the back seat would be ok. No such luck. I'm convinced its just a a piece of wood with some cloth around it.

Jan 21, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #55 of 121
I've driven on Laguna Seca several times, and GT3 has a pretty good simulation of it, though not all the visual cues one uses on the track are there, but it's better than GT2 on the PS1. You can get unrealistically fast times in GT3 (75- second lap times which are faster than what the ALMS prototypes can do for comparable cars in GT3).

A better track that's somewhat nearby is Sears Point (now Infineon Raceway) in Sonoma county. More blind corners than LS, and more dramatic elevation changes. It's a lot more fun and challenging. The facilities at LS are also a little ghetto, but LS certainly has mystique.

--Andre

Jan 22, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #56 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Mitsubishi 3000GT with replaced turbos, intercooler, timing and tubro circuits, and some suspension work. The guy who took me for a drive was taking corners in a 35mph zone at well aboe 70. And it was raining out. That thing had more get up and go AND cornering/handling than ANYTHING else I have even seen. Impressive machine.

Yes, brings back fine memories
biggrin.gif
I had a 93 Mitsubishi 3000GTSL for a few years, my friend had a 94 VR4 version. Nothing like 4 wheel drive and twin turbo
biggrin.gif
My other friends Mazda RX7 (95/96?) was a sweet car as well.

attachment.php
not a picture of my

Jan 22, 2003 at 3:00 AM Post #57 of 121
Hottest car I experienced must to be my friends Lamborghini Countach 86, yellow
tongue.gif

By the way, it is for sale, only 6k+ miles in Chicago area. If anyone is interested just send me email
very_evil_smiley.gif

attachment.php

his is yellow

Jan 22, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #58 of 121
The sweetest car I have ever been in is my sister's boyfriend.
Shelby Mustang, 1967, Automatic. thats right, you heard me, automatic. Only 3 made, this is one. Perfectly mint, original paint (3 chips), Blue. The first muscle car I have ever seen. I sat in it 2 weeks ago!!!

Jan 22, 2003 at 7:23 PM Post #59 of 121
Bahnzai, my toy:
Bahnzai small.jpg

I actually point and laugh at people who drive Chevy H2s. Crawl underneath both vehicles (real Hummer and faux Hummer) and you will immediately appreciate the difference. It is a pity that most consumers can't see beyond flashy sheetmetal.

The F360 Modena is absolutely a gorgeous car (especially from underneath). I would love to own one, but would be afraid to take it out in traffic.

gerG

Jan 22, 2003 at 7:31 PM Post #60 of 121
gerG

Thats a sweet red devil
evil_smiley.gif
If my friend would see the pic I'm sure he would cry since he had to sell his few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back