Considering options
Aug 10, 2010 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jozurr

Headphoneus Supremus
So i was looking at headphones which don't need an amp and for use with my laptop and willing to spend about $60-70 tops. I went through jokers portable shooutout thread and found the CALs to be of my liking but I can't seem to find them at that price. They have to be fully circum-aural and not touching my ears. Sound and comfort is my top-most priority and then the build quality. They don't really have to be portable.

Any recommendations which I can look at?

Sorry for the duplicate thread I didnt really know where to post this

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 10
Audioholic edited post lol, but I believe you cannot go wrong with the Koss Porta Pro. For sure. Cheap as hell and they sound fantastic. You won't have complaints about lack of bass with these and the clarity and detail is also great.

For me they are the ultimate in cheap portable headphones. I do not believe you can get better in that regard. Except for maybe the PX100 but they look to be bulkier.

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 10
Yess, I would go with portapro, but he stated that he wants circum-aural hp, and UR40 has the same drivers as portapro and sound maybe even better, so.. there you go  :)

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #6 of 10
Perhaps jump on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEADPHONES-CREATIVE-AURVANA-LIVE-/180544901631?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 10
Another option I just thought of would be the Sony MDR-V6.

Thats the only headphone in the $~70 area that I would recommend.
Other than Grado's

Aug 10, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 10
I already have the KSC-75 so I really don't want to get the portapros. Secondly I find the KSC-75 sound a little aggressive so I'm not too sure about the UR-40. How are the sennheiser 515s?

@nullstring: Can't use ebay. Already mentioned that in the first post.

Any other suggestions?

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #9 of 10
I would recommend Audio Technica ATH-A700s (READ: A700, not AD700) as they completely engulf your ears. They are extremely comfortable and sound great too. About $117 USD on Amazon.com. Ask me more if you want a more thorough overview. They are enormous, but they still were not hard to fit in a backpack to bring on an airplane (Thank you Audio Technica, I couldn't have made it without your!) to Florida from Seattle. I wore them for 4 hours straight and they were not the least bit uncomfortable.

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozurr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@nullstring: Can't use ebay. Already mentioned that in the first post.

Any other suggestions?

I must be blind. I can't find anything about ebay in your first post.

In any case, did you look into the Sony MDR-V6's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back