*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 22, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #436 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks shopped.

I know because of the pixels and because I'm a Photoshop major at my university.

I'm 99% sure that's not real.

Lol!
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #439 of 941
Those are not fake.

It's audiophile-grade distressed metal. The contrasting textures balance room acoustical deficiencies in 8KHz region by reflecting digital grain back to your ears through a proprietary rust polymer.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #441 of 941
Quote:

That looks shopped.

I know because of the pixels and because I'm a Photoshop major at my university.

Of course they're not real.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #442 of 941
Those PS1000 look so much better then the HD800 in my eyes.
I hope they are on par with the HD800. I dont like the plastic fantastic look on sennheisers top model.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #443 of 941
Yup, the problem is that the "futuristic look" looks a bit like 80s toshiba's product...maybe the designer had worked there? Funny after all the effort gone into create this product, it fails on cosmetic front!!

Also it seems our brain keep telling us that metal means quality and worth more even when logic & reasoning screams otherwise.....this has got to do with psychology or something.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #444 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, the problem is that the "futuristic look" looks a bit like 80s toshiba's product...maybe the designer had worked there? Funny after all the effort gone into create this product, it fails on cosmetic front!!

Also it seems our brain keep telling us that metal means quality and worth more even when logic & reasoning screams otherwise.....this has got to do with psychology or something.

Same here. Sennheiser looks like they are trying too hard to wow the crowd with some sort of futuristic version.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #445 of 941
Quote:

That looks shopped.

They are, quite obviously, real.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #446 of 941
Quote:

That looks shopped.

They have Major in Photoshop now?

What!?

I'm old.

(though I'll PWN you in photoshop should you care to go at it)

wink.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #448 of 941
Fabulous news!

First we had the HD800's taking a huge bite out of the used discontinued headphone market, single-handedly driving down the insane prices of such notables as the AKG K1000's, Qualia 010's, and Sennheiser HE60's*. Now we have the PS-1000's finishing the meal by providing a brand new, warranteed, true alternative to the famed HP-1000. Hopefully the forthcoming Edition 8 will bring up the rear with another winner from Ultrasone.

Sure they're all still expensive. But I'd much rather spend my money on a brand new, warranteed product.

Thank you John Grado.

*(short-term, anectotal data only)

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #449 of 941
I'm hoping to see the same thing. Ideally technology will keep improving and the newer stuff ends up being better stuff. Those that want to collect still can, but they won't be competing with those that just want the best sounding headphone from company X Y or Z.

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #450 of 941
I have been wondering when the jump would come and the past would not be better than the current offerings.

Yes, it will be nice to have something that might have the best sound with a warranty to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back