*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 22, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #421 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by David_N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'd be great if this pushed the GS1000 price down a little, but that's not going to happen.
frown.gif

I hope some day I'll be able to hear these, and hopefully own them. I still haven't heard RS1's... There's not really a head-fi community where I live :/

Cmon reviews!

Where in Canada do you live?

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #423 of 941
@Zanth,
could you please explain alittle more about the differences in the bass between the PS-1 and the PS-1000. I've read your review, you mention

"The bass is solid, palpable and authoritative without being overblown"

Would you say the bass is closer to the GS1000's than the PS-1s? I've never heard the GS1000's myself but alot of owners describe them like that

Thanks

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #424 of 941
I wanted so much to love my GS1000's after my RS-1s went missing during a move ... but I just couldn't match them to the wide variety of music I listen to. As has been mentioned ad-infinitum, the RS-1 were fun and at home with rock, or anything reasonably complex. The GS1000's were soooo comfortable and I have never had any complaints about Grado's headbands - they are simple and comfortable, but Grado should have released an amp voiced to the GS1000's in order to show their true potential.

I, as well as others thought that that the biggest advance Grado had made with GS1000's was the bagel - this is a smart way to increase soundstage and comfort - it really worked well and I'm glad they have extended that to the new offerings.

What John Grado is missing is a higher quality amp than the now dated RA-1. I would also like to see him step up to the plate and talk more about the driver design; the intriguing thing about the HD800's is the driver design.

I surmise that if it's a reiteration of an older driver design in PS1000 (or GS1000i) that the hype will not be there to realise strong sales initially; yet the bottom line is the sound and vs. the problems (real or perceived) with the GS1000's --the synergy with a broader perspective of music.

This is a win-win situation for everyone ...Senns vast research and deep pockets vs. the passion of a respected boutique manufacturer. Releasing these in this economy is gutsy, but I dare say that may be the smartest move of all; the headfi market is certainly growing ... I and most others don't have 25-50K for new JM Utopia or speakers that might get a look in better economy, or when I retire. So call this budget state-of-the-art, personal hi-fi, if put in the perspective of a nice 2-channel setup.

With audiophile music downloads now becoming mainstream (com'on license those rock albums), the HD800, PS1000 and O2 represent something that was unobtainable even 10 years ago unless you had a 10K vinyl rig and the knowledge to source and build a world-class system. And with many of us sitting in front of a computer for too many hours a day, these reference-class near-field or headphone systems make perfect sense.

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #425 of 941
I agree. Though I have to add that I don't give a rats ass what kind of drivers there are in the PS1000, I only care about how they will sound. If they beat the PS1 and HP1000 with a tweaked GS1000 driver, then thats ok with me
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #426 of 941
[size=small]Grado PS-1000 V.O.S. Relic Edition[/size]
This wonderful headphone is masterbuilt at the Grado factory, using only the old machinery to give it it's antique look. The idea was to make it look aged, or as it would, if it had sustained many years of use, and with this model, Grado has done it again!

MSRP $1995.00.

ps1000.jpg

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #427 of 941
That can's been to war!

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #428 of 941
It's certainly prepared for desert warfare.

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #430 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This wonderful headphone is masterbuilt at the Grado factory, using only the old machinery to give it it's antique look. The idea was to make it look aged, or as it would, if it had sustained many years of use, and with this model, Grado has done it again!

MSRP $1995.00.

ps1000.jpg

There is a new term for this design: Beausage !

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #431 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MSRP $1995.00.

ps1000.jpg

LOL...hilarious! V.O.S
icon10.gif

Nice work nor_spoon.

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #433 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa...are those blood stains the VOS Relic?

Blood doesn't settle like that on metal.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #434 of 941
He has done plenty of experiments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back