*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 22, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #227 of 941
Those are amazing. And I feel like I need them. The hd800 is neat and all, but I have never found myself lusting after it. I am indeed lusting after the ps-1000. Too bad that I will have to wait several years until I get a job to be able to afford it. Oh well. Great news.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #228 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD800's might be insane, this is true, but right now, my wife and I are saving up for daycare which our kids need to start in September. $2000/month we figure it will run us. It will be some time before I can afford new headphones. I'll have to sell stuff to afford the PS-1000's and they are the same price as the HD800's. I know I love the PS-1000's so they are top priority, but no doubt I'll give the HD800's a long listen and hope there is no clamping. Ideally I would like a nice set of headphones at work and at home.

I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind waiting until October to start daycare.....jk

First post has been updated to reflect new developments

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #229 of 941
Quote:

You can read my review which is posted on the site.

Oh wow. I guess I should have actually visited the site before saying anything haha. Nice review.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #230 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by autosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind waiting until October to start daycare.....jk

Actually, my kids would love to stave off daycare as long as possible. My wife has to go back to work in September, her maternity leave is over in August and we can't have her staying home for another year or two and not have her teaching job secured. So...they must enter daycare. The one consolation is that I'm reducing my hours so they don't have to be in daycare every day. Just three days a week. I'll say home with them Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #231 of 941
Quote:

The HD800's might be insane, this is true, but right now, my wife and I are saving up for daycare which our kids need to start in September. $2000/month we figure it will run us. It will be some time before I can afford new headphones. I'll have to sell stuff to afford the PS-1000's and they are the same price as the HD800's. I know I love the PS-1000's so they are top priority, but no doubt I'll give the HD800's a long listen and hope there is no clamping. Ideally I would like a nice set of headphones at work and at home.

Zanth...are you saying that the PS-1000 will be $1400 just like the HD800?

Earlier reports in this thread, or another I was reading earlier, stated that they would have a $1700 MSRP.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #234 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zanth: there are some complaints about mid on GS1000 being recessed, can you please compare mid on both PS1000 and GS1000

Thanks

From Grado website, Zanth said:
Quote:

One other immediately noticeable aspect that I note in comparison to the GS1000's is that the mids sound more forward. If people felt that the mids were too far back in comparison with the RS1's or PS1's, then these headphones will fall closer in line with that sound vs. the GS1000's

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #235 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zanth...are you saying that the PS-1000 will be $1400 just like the HD800?

Earlier reports in this thread, or another I was reading earlier, stated that they would have a $1700 MSRP.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f36/ne...phones-410724/

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #236 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Def the letters are etched ... and I haven't had any on hand but knowing the design of former Grados ... it's most likely imprinted in the metal.

I hope so, but I'm not so sure.

From the picture the writing almost looks silkscreened on. I don't see any depth to imply etching.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #237 of 941
From Grado website, Zanth said:

Quote:

One other immediately noticeable aspect that I note in comparison to the GS1000's is that the mids sound more forward. If people felt that the mids were too far back in comparison with the RS1's or PS1's, then these headphones will fall closer in line with that sound vs. the GS1000's

I wonder how that applies to the "improved control and stability of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum with both better supporting the GS1000i’s new world renowned midrange." description of the GS1000i's?

I wonder if that's hype or if the GS1000i's actually do represent an improvement in sound over the GS1000?

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #239 of 941
The HD800's are 1700 or was it 1800 Canadian? Pricey. They are also special order only, whereas I can see the PS-1000's being stocked by at least one store in Ottawa. This means folks will have a chance to listen at least before buying. Again, a friend and fellow Head-fier is purchasing the HD800's so I will have a chance to hear them eventually, I simply can't take a chance on buying without hearing and as a special order means I can't return them if I dislike them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back