*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 22, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #212 of 941
Do want.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #214 of 941
I have not heard the HD800's but I will soon as a friend of mine has ordered them. I will say that no Sennheiser has bowled me over in the past. this is partially because they tend to clamp really tightly on my head. However, I was very fond of the 650 sound and could have lived with them. Never heard an HE90, but much preferred the Omega II's to the HE60's when I had them.

The 800's may well be the best dynamic headphone, I don't know I haven't had the chance yet, but from what I have heard, PS-1000's are my favourite overall.

Oh...PS-1000's have metal on the outside, wood on the inside. A hybri like the HF-1's.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #215 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow they're metal not plastic! Nor wood? Look cool though. Thanks for the look.

apparently, according to Zanth's writeup, theyre both metal AND wood

edit: ok i give up, im not posting in here anymore :p

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #216 of 941
With a review link too, i'm impressed.

Edit--Looking for wood at this time.
eek.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #217 of 941
I don't know how long they have been in development for, but I would think a while now. Many had expressed that they wanted a metal phone like the PS-1's, while many expressed a lot of delight when the GS-1000's were released. Seems like a natural pairing to try and combine the two!

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #219 of 941
wow. amazing. i wonder how they sound. i guess we'll have to wait a couple weeks for someone to get one

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #220 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow. amazing. i wonder how they sound. i guess we'll have to wait a couple weeks for someone to get one

You can read my review which is posted on the site.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #221 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not heard the HD800's but I will soon as a friend of mine has ordered them. I will say that no Sennheiser has bowled me over in the past. this is partially because they tend to clamp really tightly on my head. However, I was very fond of the 650 sound and could have lived with them. Never heard an HE90, but much preferred the Omega II's to the HE60's when I had them.

The 800's may well be the best dynamic headphone, I don't know I haven't had the chance yet, but from what I have heard, PS-1000's are my favourite overall.

Oh...PS-1000's have metal on the outside, wood on the inside. A hybri like the HF-1's.

The HD800s are supposedly very different with regard to clamping. You might be in for one tough choice (or buy both
very_evil_smiley.gif
) when you get to hear the HD800s.

On topic.. I'm not too fond of the metal hybrid version of the GS1000, which I never liked the look of either. HP1000 > *

Also, please tell me that the lettering is etched into the metal, its not just printed on there.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #223 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhat_thanh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow they look cool
biggrin.gif

Nice cover
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #224 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not too fond of the metal hybrid version of the GS1000, which I never liked the look of either. HP1000 > *

Also, please tell me that the lettering is etched into the metal, its not just printed on there.

Def the letters are etched ... and I haven't had any on hand but knowing the design of former Grados ... it's most likely imprinted in the metal.

Otherwise ...

Those are about the finest looking set of cans I've ever seen.

(anyone want to buy my GS1k's and RS1's so I can order?)

wink.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #225 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD800s are supposedly very different with regard to clamping. You might be in for one tough choice (or buy both
very_evil_smiley.gif
) when you get to hear the HD800s.

The HD800's might be insane, this is true, but right now, my wife and I are saving up for daycare which our kids need to start in September. $2000/month we figure it will run us. It will be some time before I can afford new headphones. I'll have to sell stuff to afford the PS-1000's and they are the same price as the HD800's. I know I love the PS-1000's so they are top priority, but no doubt I'll give the HD800's a long listen and hope there is no clamping. Ideally I would like a nice set of headphones at work and at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back