*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 22, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #241 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD800's are 1700 or was it 1800 Canadian? Pricey. They are also special order only, whereas I can see the PS-1000's being stocked by at least one store in Ottawa. This means folks will have a chance to listen at least before buying. Again, a friend and fellow Head-fier is purchasing the HD800's so I will have a chance to hear them eventually, I simply can't take a chance on buying without hearing and as a special order means I can't return them if I dislike them.

The HD800 is 1750 canadian...Interesting that it's a special order in Canada, it's available from most online high-end stores for pre-order in the US.

Will be interesting to see how they compare

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #242 of 941
They may not be special order everywhere in Canada, I just meant in Ottawa. Once I hear them I can better assess my priorities for them, but I would have to order from TTVJ or Headroom it seems.

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #243 of 941
Zanth, so will you actually be selling off all your other cans?

To be honest I'm hoping you'll say you will keep the rs1 lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #247 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zanth, what is the weight of PS1000?

Yes, I am curious as well. It was stated that it feels heavier than the PS-1 and HP's but I've never held those before. Would you say it is heavier than a 325i?

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #248 of 941
They are heavy, heaviest phones I've every experienced. However, they aren't the heaviest on the head. That award goes to the PS-1's. The larger pads push outward, reducing the downward force so they are comfortable. They aren't nearly as lightweight as the GS-1000's, but again they aren't as heavy feeling as the PS-1's, so long as you stick with using the large pads.

The 325i's aren't heavy at all. Far less than an HP-1000 and even more so than a PS-1.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #251 of 941
What? John Grado didn't realize that he had to use space-age plastic to control unwanted resonances? Metal? That is a very archaic and passe material to use in a headphone. Please. What happened to his research department? Did they fall asleep in the 1970's and never wake up?

I hope you all realize by now that I'm being totally facetious. There have been and hopefully always will be headphone manufacturers who are true to the material they are using. I applaud the design of these headphones and I hope they sound as good as the integrity behind them. My only nitpick is I wish the Left/Right headband adjusters were also metal instead of plastic, like on the HP1000.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #254 of 941
Maybe Grado found a way to utilize the resonances caused by a metal housing to create better note decay or something?

I have no clue what I'm talking about. Hope they're good.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #255 of 941
But then they would weight 90 pounds, instead now they only weigh 87!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back