Confessions of a failing audiophile
Aug 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #167 of 168
I kinda feel "at home" here...
A lot of my friends couldn't notice the changes between 128 and 320 mp3s... and always said that I'm fairly dumb to buy a player that has more than 4 gigabytes just to put my 320 mp3 in there.
Not only that, but I had, with 12 years old, a MiniDisc from Japan and the sound of the phones that came with it were "crystal clear" to me, a feeling that I'll never forget. 14 years later and I still haven't found that same feeling.
Not so long ago I found this place, filled with people that have almost the same feeling as I have: a passionate feeling towards the search of the "best iem", the "ultimate gear".
Imagine my surprise! A place where I could actually say something like  "hey, I liked the soundstage of that!" or "wow, can you hear the diffence of the two guitar players in this music??" without being seeing as someone with "strange ear".
That being said, I pretty much think an audiophile is someone that is never satisfied with what he/she has. Always searching for the truth, almot like the holy grail of sound.
Of course... life would be much easier if I, just like the majority of my friends, couldn't tell the difference between 128 and 320 kbps mp3, but... it's a hobby, a passion that you clearly don't have a rational answer to why you spend so much time and effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back