Completely New Audio Setup - Need input on current ideas
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 4
It seems more like your a Audiophile then a Pro Audio listener.

If you were the real deal, then just get some good headphones, Grado 325i are good.
Then a Audio receiver to push them, Any old or new audio receiver, like my Sony STR-D500 series
A source component, I use my computer for the range of material, selection and ease of use.
A media player with plug in for higher sound, Foobar2000
and then your files in MP3 or FLAC

Look, you got RCA, Optical and Coaxial cables listed. You really only need one!

A Desktop amp made for a computer won't cut for anything.

It just seems like you compiled some stuff together to somehow show it off.

Also, wrong section

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Too LONG didn't READ = tl;dr

Ok, just go to goodwill or any second hand thrift shop and buy a Am/Fm Receiver. Sony, or any other good brand. Get some speakers, cable to computer and then adjust the EQ with both the computer, media player, receiver and learn to solidify sound from cheaper speakers. I know this might sound bad, but with $100 MAX I put out a speaker system that out performs $1000 sets.

If you have the speakers already, good, just get a good quality receiver and away you go. You don't need the highest quality equipment to get great sound. I work as a editor for local bands in my area. I record, edit and format that music the need to be released. My job is to find the small imperfection in the audio and to correct them. With my system (see signature) I can find anything. And my set up, minus computer, was $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back