Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840
Nov 3, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #61 of 66

is it possible to make hd600 sings just from fiio e10 / or some meagre DAP like fiio x3. (more like fiio x1 in my case..)

Once I sell my HE-400i I'll buy the HD600 and try it out with my Fiio X3. I have a feeling it'll work fine, though the only way to be sure it to test. The X3 has gobs of power for a portable player. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #62 of 66

I haven't heard the FiiO products, so I couldn't say for sure. From my casual tests it doesn't work well with a Clip+, sounds okay out of my phone (not necessarily great, but better than I was expecting; I have a Nexus 5), and is actually worse than I expected from my laptop (loud enough but didn't really sound good).

So...hopefully someone else will chime in, but to me it seems like they're not horribly demanding, but they do scale well.

do you still keep your sr80i after all those other headphones?

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #65 of 66
I'm sorry I have to disagree with the whole comparison
I've had all the headphone except the 840s and my thoughts are not even close ...

The 600's bass although perceived as rolled off goes down with great tightness , you can run test tones to verify that ....

HD-600 bass is very tied in with the amp its used with. With my Ragnarok it produces output at 30 Hz, but it moves no air to speak of. I agree the speed of the bass is impressive. However with the Bottlehead Crack it actually puts out a lot of bass at 20 Hz and 30 Hz, as much or more than at 60 Hz.

In case it matters I vote for the HD-600.

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #66 of 66
Sounds like you are being disrespectful of other's opinions. I'd take the MA900s over any of those headphones any day with any gear (and yes I've heard all but 1 of them). In fact I would take the MA900 over the SR-009, but that's more because of what the SR-009 does wrong than anything.

Disrespectful? He's saying what he thinks, and I'm with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back