Coming Soon: Audio-GD Reference 3 USB>SPDIF converter/wonder-box
Nov 5, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #121 of 126
I got a reply... Too bad, it´s no longer available even as a custom order
frown.gif

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #123 of 126

Quote:
Funny you should bump this thread, as I received a DSP upgrade for mine.  I got it almost purely for the flexibility it offered, but realise now what an improvement it made to the SQ.  The DI is only very slightly behind it I think. I reckon he should make it again for sure.  A Reference 7S (single input) + Reference 3 would be a better combination than just a normal Reference 7 IMO.

I got my REF-3 awhile back.  This DSP upgrade you mentioned, did you send it back for upgrade ? or did kingwa just sent you the parts? ^^ Any other upgrades to your REF-3 besides the dsp?

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #124 of 126
Kingwa just sent me the parts. I also replace the clock crystal which is used for up-sampling.  That made quite a bit of difference when it is engaged.

Mar 1, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #126 of 126
Open the unit. Check the orientation of the old clock.  Pull the old clock out.  Push the new clock in (the pin spacing is different, but I checked under the board and Kingwa cleverly allowed for different sized clocks in the board design with multiple pin holes for each leg) and put the lid back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back