Comfort of IEMs - Best and Worst you've had
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

wullymc

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I wanted your take on what IEM was the most comfortable you've had and the worst one.

Basically, I believe that I've had a bad experience with my UE SuperFi 4 IEM.  I tried all the silicone tips and the foam tips and ended up using the foam ones.

What I found is that they fall out a lot and especially during winter months they seem to fall out more.  I just don't find these comfortable and I hate to group all IEMs in this group but I am scared to put more money into IEMs.

I just placed an order for Sunrise Audio As-feelings to atleast have a good earbud but I can't stop thinking that I should really look at an IEM again since I ride the bus and it can be noisy, therefore isolation would help.

I am currently using a Rockbox'd Clip +. 

I listen to mostly rock and like the mids to be warm and a nice bass to go with it.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!  I am looking at spending around $150.  I live in Canada and therefore Amazon.com isn't really an option for me.

Thanks!..Dave

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 19
The most comfortable IEMs I've ever owned are the Phonak Audeo PFE (I personally have the Perfect Bass edition with the green filters).  Very light, very isolating, sound great (you can tweak your sound by using different filters, find the best one for you) and aren't that expensive.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 19

Quote:
The most comfortable IEMs I've ever owned are the Phonak Audeo PFE (I personally have the Perfect Bass edition with the green filters).  Very light, very isolating, sound great (you can tweak your sound by using different filters, find the best one for you) and aren't that expensive.

I have the Phonak Perfect Bass also and they are the most comfortable iems i've ever worn. The worst iem i've ever worn was the Audio Technica CK7 with Ultimate Ears double flange ear tips. My ears don't seem to like the Ultimate Ears Eartips because they feel really uncomfortable for me. That's why I don't purchase Ultimate Ears products not because they aren't good but because of the fit.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 19
most comfortable cord down that I've tried is the M1..I can sleep in those

most comfortable over all is the westone 3...great fit, amazing cord and great isolation

least comfortable was probably the radius DDM that I auditioned and the hippo vb

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 19
Thanks for the replies guys.

Just wondering anyone else out there with input?

I was also wondering how comfortable is Fischer Audio DB-02?  Thanks

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #12 of 19
Most comfortable: UM3x, SE425

Least comfortable: TF10

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #13 of 19
Most comfortable - SoundMagic PL30

Leas comfortable - Ultimate Ears Metrofi. 220

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 19
Thanks again,

I am currently looking at Fischer Audio DBA-02 or Westone UM1

What is everyone's opinion of these for comfort?

Special note has been made of Phonak IEMs.

Thanks!...Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back