Comfort of IEMs - Best and Worst you've had
Mar 13, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #16 of 19
Hmmm oddly enough the most comfortable iem's i've had are some cheapo sony buds with electric blue hybrid tips (fit like a glove!) and the worst right now has to be my re0's...they have hybrid tips but i guess the straight barrel just aint for me...the sonys had a bent barrel that fit really well! I'm really diggin the phonaks now and dba02's are still a want
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
Thanks again,

I am currently looking at Fischer Audio DBA-02 or Westone UM1

What is everyone's opinion of these for comfort?

Special note has been made of Phonak IEMs.

Thanks!...Dave

Had to post again when I read this... I can't comment on the Fischer. I have no experience with it. Westone UM1's would be a big mistake. BIG mistake (yes, I wrote that twice). They are very comfortable. If that's all you want, buy 'em. If sound quality is of any importance, pass. They're an entry level model, strictly no more than a step-up (if that much), from the freebie earbuds that come packaged with many devices. If pressed, I'd opine that they're OK, but no more. If you have any experience as a serious listener, these won't last for you.

Fwiw, I love Westone iem's. I'm a fan - of any of their models; except the UM1's.

Phonak are just as comfortable as the UM1 (if not moreso), and - I'll say it again... for the price, the SQ of the 112's is hard to believe.  -OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. :) GL whatever you decide.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #18 of 19
Most comfortable : ety er6i
Least comfortable : senn ie8, UE triple-fi

I know people say that ie8s are comfortable, but for me they just hurt after a few mins of wearing.  Tried them every which way with lots of different tips, but still no joy.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #19 of 19

Quote:

Had to post again when I read this... I can't comment on the Fischer. I have no experience with it. Westone UM1's would be a big mistake. BIG mistake (yes, I wrote that twice). They are very comfortable. If that's all you want, buy 'em. If sound quality is of any importance, pass. They're an entry level model, strictly no more than a step-up (if that much), from the freebie earbuds that come packaged with many devices. If pressed, I'd opine that they're OK, but no more. If you have any experience as a serious listener, these won't last for you.

Fwiw, I love Westone iem's. I'm a fan - of any of their models; except the UM1's.

Phonak are just as comfortable as the UM1 (if not moreso), and - I'll say it again... for the price, the SQ of the 112's is hard to believe.  -OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. :) GL whatever you decide.

I went from the UM1 to the DBA-02 when the Westone broke and while I won't say they're thaaat lackluster, I definitely can't imagine going back. I've tried both the UM1 and Phonak PFE, they're both amazingly comfortable, I can forget they're in my ear. The DBA sticks out a bit but is still quite comfortable.

Least comfortable that I've tried so far is definitely the M9 - the bi-flanges were awful and the single flange were so finicky to fit, even when I got it right it wouldn't last. It's like you have to make a choice between SQ and comfort whenever you put them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back