Colorfly C3, Hisoundaudio Rocoop, or Hifiman 601
Oct 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #76 of 181
Quote:
so my only options are hifiman colorfly and hisoundaudio?

I would wait until more high powered players become available in the future. None of these DAPs have a flat frequency response. You're better off getting a Sansa Fuze or Ipod and using the line out to a leckerton uha-6s.  

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #78 of 181
Quote:
You're better off getting a Sansa Fuze or Ipod and using the line out to a leckerton uha-6s.  

And that will have a flat frequency response? Please... 

Sometimes having a flat frequency response is not everything. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #80 of 181
Quote:
And that will have a flat frequency response? Please... 

Sometimes having a flat frequency response is not everything. 

Yes.

Frequency response is more important in deciding to buy an unheard product than the personal taste of a third party. If a DAP is unable to reproduce a recording without missing or expanded frequencies then it isn't accurate and this information should be acknowledged. 

I thought the color fly measured flat?

You're right it does. I was thinking of the CK4 graph I found earlier. Here's the C3:

Info came from here. In light of this I would recommend the C3. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #83 of 181
You know what I think I may be able to do an RMAA test myself. Gonna see how this works on the Studio V 3rd ANV. Since I can't seem to find any results anywhere this should be quite interesting. Wish I had the Rocoo BA on me so I could do the same test on it as well.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #84 of 181
I posted this on another thread Lee, not sure if you had seen it yet, but there will be a lot more to come on this from me in coming weeks.

There is absolutley no question to be had there, the c3 murders any hisound product (yes including the studio players).

Hisound are, in my opinion the biggest con artists in the audio game, they are taking extremely cheap parts, putting them together in a nice looking case with horrible interface and pushing thir rehtoric it does sound better doesnt it?  Well they use the age old claim about not what the parts are but we make them special, no I believe they do not and am about to set out to prove that they are just making quick bucks out of this strategy and people (like myselfs) gulibility.

Look at the markus kraus RMAA tests on the studio it is ridiculously bad at almost any level despite them claiming it is pretty much the best sounding player out there.  Given that they are claiming that the studio is the top of their line and the P is below it it is terrible as well (I have owned all).  Not to mention these players hiss at annoying levels.

Jack has accused me of working for colorfly, I believe in that he delibratley sent a messed up studio to me in retaliation for my earlier comments in this thread on the Rocoo Players.  I do not, and many people who know me on here and in real life know I have nothing to do with the electronics industry other than being a hobbyist of audio equipment. 

There will be more to come on this from me in the coming weeks and now that my studio is finally gone at a massive loss. I will be posting about some other stuff that I have dug up about this sham of a company as well so that others can make an informed decision when dealing with them.

To get the ball rolling here is an internal picture of the studio V 3rd anniversary,  what you see here is a cheap sigmatel circuit (3370 I think), with dirt cheap corsair memory.  Now take a look at the amp section, another cheap part (That i believe is not class-A like they claim) and yes it really did come like that, they chisel/scrape the top off it so it cant be identified as just another cheap common part (they used to put some copper Hisound tab over the top and write PDAA-1 on it to make it seem a propietary design but were called out by razz from mp4nation on that in 2010.

Oh and the long battery life of the player that they claim comes from their genius?  No its just a whopping massive battery used to fill all that extra casing space (remember big and heavy you can charge more for).

As I said more to come on this I am still "compiling my case" if anyone has any more info please message me and I can add it in. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #86 of 181
Quote:
Studio V RMAA

http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/studio2011/data.htm

Stozzer123

Thank you for doing this. I do remember in the C3 threat how someone from Hisound went after you for not having an accurate view of their players in comparison to C3. It all makes sense now. I owned their BA for a small period of time and I am so glad I got rid of that thing. I hope they'll disappear from the market to make room for honest and good companies. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #87 of 181
Ordered my C3 yesterday. :D

Spun out from my RenovateD and NCX'd HTC One X!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back