Colorfly C3, Hisoundaudio Rocoop, or Hifiman 601
Oct 21, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #61 of 181
thanks for your comments. if separation is great, i'll probably go for c3, but at least will go through other people's comments and other reviews on the net before finalizing.

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #66 of 181
If it's really out in March, I'm sure there'll be no shortage of feedback by April. But it is a long wait regardless, so maybe it's a good idea to start trying out those three players. Should be fun anyway.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #68 of 181
I like my D2+. Great battery, pretty powerful, good format support, Rockbox is not finished but quite functional (even leaving crossfade and gapless alone, I feel like Rockbox sounds better with my GMP 8.35 than the original firmware, which for me, in comparison, sounds overly bright and has little instrument separation).
But as far as I know, Cowons are not in the same league as the players you're comparing. They're convenient, they sound better than most of the mass-market DAPs, but that's about that. I'm not sure that upgrading from D2 to some or all of these players would be worth the money (maybe I'd be better off buying an amp instead), but if I was looking for a new player now, I wouldn't be looking at Cowons.

UP: then again, they sound better than iPods, I guess. But why bother when Colorfly C3 is better sounding (presumably) and cheaper :)

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #69 of 181
I've owned a D2+, it sounded ok, but I never grasped what everyone saw in it, was kind of mechanical and an ageing sound to me, like something that was cool in 2006 or something (excuse the abruptness) I did like the design and layout considering people pick on the UI bu sold it grabbing a C2 instead which was a fairly noticeable upgrade to my ears, much nicer sound.

The D2+ just never really impressed me. It will remain popular because of rockbox support I guess.

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #74 of 181
There is really not much more in the audiophile section mate. :)

I'm about to order my c3 from a seller in US. :D

EDIT: Ordered an 8GB Colorfly C3 from bigbargainsonline ebay seller based in Hong Kong. Recommended in the C3 review thread.

Only cost me £83 including delivery. Hopefully it will come next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back