Coffee Catastrophe !!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!
Jan 8, 2010 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Whats wrong with people????? AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
confused_face(1).gif
mad.gif

Ok, so i usually get Kona blend whole bean from the plastic self-serve things in my local super market. Its delicious really, and they have Jamaican Blue Mountain and Columbian Supremo etc.
Ok, so i figured if these taste so good and theyre a blend, and i usually use a french press, i wanted to try 100% Kona which is usually about $50 a pound.

Ok, so they had a sale on an 8 oz package of real Kona for $19.99usd, which is about $5 off the regular price.....so i bought it to try.
I still have other coffee opened so i didnt open this new Kona package yet.

Heres what happened......

I had Peets Major D's Blend, and some Columbian on the table, about 1/3 bag ground of each, and the Kona (i usually buy whole bean,but the ground was on sale and i wanted to try it).
There was also about half a can of Maxwell house regular cheap coffee in the refridgerator (i never refrigerate coffee, but you cant tell my family anything,so).
My Mom couldnt see having all these containers of coffee around, so she poured all the coffee into the Maxwell House can and put it in the fridge, including opening my new bag of 100% KONA that i paid $19.99 for and never got a chance to even try yet!!!! AHHH!!!!!!

So anyway, i come home and im ready to make coffee, and im like..."Wheres my coffee?"

Mom "Its in the fridge"

Me "You put my coffee in the fridge??? I never do that, it kills the oils!!!"

(As if that was the worst problem).

Mom- "Its in the blue can, i mixed them all to make room"

Me "You did what? Its gonna taste like crap!!!"

Mom "Whaaaa, its coffee, Whats the difference?"

eek.gif

Me "Oh, so you wouldnt mind me pouring Ragu (cheap jar tomato sauce) in your home made sauce???"

Mom "Thats different, dont be stupid"

THEY DONT GET IT!!!!!

Its like arguing audio with them , like "Why cant you just buy some $10 headphones like i got? They sound fine."

So now i got ruined coffee.
Lucky i got a bag of Major D's whole bean in my room, but still !!!!

Ok, im done venting..........................maybe....

confused_face(1).gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 63
I have a good espresso machine and an expensive grinder. I always buy whole-bean (that's the magic phrase to use) and grind as I need it. its been said that if its been ground for 15 minutes or longer, its already stale and should be thrown away (or sold to the chains, lol)
wink.gif

my GF brings home a bag of coffee from the supermarket (we ran out and she went to the store to get some). she comes back with ground coffee. using the store machine.

yes, some people don't 'get it' when it comes to the proper handling of coffee
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nelson-muntz.gif

x2, but with a tear in my eye.
I also buy only beans, have a decent Cuisinart burr grinder and basic cuisinart espresso machine and I had my hand to my mouth in shock as i read you story....sort of knowing the car crash was gonna happen but how bad was the damage going to be, and sorry to say my friend, but that coffee is a write off....

sweet lord....when you stick your mother in a really crappy old folk's home and she asks you "why"...remind her of this and run away!!!

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a good espresso machine and an expensive grinder. I always buy whole-bean (that's the magic phrase to use) and grind as I need it. its been said that if its been ground for 15 minutes or longer, its already stale and should be thrown away (or sold to the chains, lol)
wink.gif

my GF brings home a bag of coffee from the supermarket (we ran out and she went to the store to get some). she comes back with ground coffee. using the store machine.

yes, some people don't 'get it' when it comes to the proper handling of coffee
wink.gif

Well i usually use whole bean, but this was on sale and i got it to try.
I got a new Cuisinart Burr grinder for Christmas, but it really doesnt grind course enough, but its kinda course and at least its even.

Maybe i shoulda called the title of this thread Coffee Castration,instead?...lol

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2, but with a tear in my eye.
I also buy only beans, have a decent Cuisinart burr grinder and basic cuisinart espresso machine and I had my hand to my mouth in shock as i read you story....sort of knowing the car crash was gonna happen but how bad was the damage going to be, and sorry to say my friend, but that coffee is a write off....

sweet lord....when you stick your mother in a really crappy old folk's home and she asks you "why"...remind her of this and run away!!!

Yes, and ill say..."Whats the difference, a home is just a home right? Stop complaining, a home is what you make it....beggers cant be choosers". lol

Naww, im not that mean...lol.
Shes never going in a home unless she medically has to because theres no way to handle her condition at home.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #9 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The moral of the story is buy whole bean coffee.

Yes, then it wouldnt have gotten mixed with Maxwell House.......unless she put it in the blade grinder in the kitchen and poured it in!!!
eek.gif

Oh the horror!!!!!!
eek.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #10 of 63
Got a nice Capresso burr grinder over the holidays, and comparing with the cheapo Black and Decker grinder my friend has, it's a huge improvement, at least with coarse grinds (french press).

Nonetheless, wasted coffee brings a tear to my eye.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #11 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is always a good threat!
I bought my cuisinart for fine not course...too bad for you! have you cleaned out the burrs?

Its new...i only used it twice so far, for non oily coffee.
I like it basically, it cuts pretty even, and its a pretty unit....but it doesnt grind really course for a press, or really powdery for turkish for expresso.

Its this model Amazon.com: Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Coffee Burr Mill CCM-16SA: Kitchen & Dining

Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Coffee Burr Mill CCM-16SA

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #12 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a nice Capresso burr grinder over the holidays, and comparing with the cheapo Black and Decker grinder my friend has, it's a huge improvement, at least with coarse grinds (french press).

Nonetheless, wasted coffee brings a tear to my eye.

Dont cry man, dont cry. I hate to see a grown man cry.
Somebody will drink it......just not me.
ph34r.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #13 of 63
Clean up one of the cupboard shelves and claim that space as your own. Same with the fridge if need be.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #14 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The moral of the story is buy whole bean coffee.

The moral of the story is, stop living with your parents.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #15 of 63
I have issues which happen like that too in life. The only thing that makes me feel better is to focus on the positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back