CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #182 of 775
The elysium imo is a must listen to for anyone regardless of whether you think you will like the tuning or not. It’s definitely a special IEM. I appreciated the VE8 for what it was but I couldn’t help but just find it “boring”

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #184 of 775
Each to their own I guess :)

I could have worded it better but I am lazy today, what I mean is that the VE8 just does everything well which is good. But in a time where IEMs are sporting DD lows, mids (elysium), estat highs etc, I just found the VE8 to be lacking that something “special” that I get with the FiR M5. I feel the same way towards my A18t now which used to be my favorite IEM. I suppose my tastes are just changing a bit.

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #185 of 775
I could have worded it better but I am lazy today, what I mean is that the VE8 just does everything well which is good. But in a time where IEMs are sporting DD lows, mids (elysium), estat highs etc, I just found the VE8 to be lacking that something “special” that I get with the FiR M5. I feel the same way towards my A18t now which used to be my favorite IEM. I suppose my tastes are just changing a bit.

Oh, I totally get that, tastes change and evolve all the time, it's what keep the game fresh. I nearly bought an Ely a couple of months back but couldn't bring myself to buy it blind, I could try the sample but keep hearing the bass is better with the custom. Again, it's a big investment and I'm loving the VE8/Paw 6000 pairing I have at the moment, so going to enjoy that. Still, my curiousity will probably get the better of me sooner or later :wink:.

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #186 of 775
Oh, I totally get that, tastes change and evolve all the time, it's what keep the game fresh. I nearly bought an Ely a couple of months back but couldn't bring myself to buy it blind, I could try the sample but keep hearing the bass is better with the custom. Again, it's a big investment and I'm loving the VE8/Paw 6000 pairing I have at the moment, so going to enjoy that. Still, my curiousity will probably get the better of me sooner or later :wink:.

The elysium bass was interesting to me. First initial impression was that it was lacking too much in quantity for my tastes but after brain burn in it’s actually not too bad and you can appreciate the quality they’ve gotten out of 1 BA for the bass. If I didn’t listen to so much EDM I would have continued with my elysium purchase but it just doesn’t make sense for me right now.

Feb 2, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #187 of 775
I live in Rochester, NY and would like to participate in the tour for the VE8/Elysium as well as the Erlkönig if it's not too late. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.
This would be my first tour, I've emailed the requested information.
Adding now

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #188 of 775
Erlkonig on the way to @Todd1.

Not going to say too much, but I will say this...

The Erlkonig is the best all-ba iem i've ever heard. It makes me rethink the listening experience that is possible with a universal iem. It also makes me re-evaluate my perspective on what a detailed and engaging signature can sound like. It is a truly remarkable and refined piece of technology with an undeniably robust and well-thought aesthetic.

If these fit your ears the way they fit mine, it's hard to imagine anyone not falling in love.

I am truly impressed.

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #191 of 775
curious to hear you thoughts on the ely, @Ike1985

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #192 of 775
Listening to Alice in Chains MTV unplugged flac in airplane mode on UAPP --> Hugo2. This is a very sweet delicate midrange, lot of detail, moderate note density. Just running through some flacs rn. Too early to say much. I will say the monitor looks totally different with regard to the internals than anything I've ever seen which I like, doing their own thing. Also the 2.5 --> 3.5 connector is super cool looking as it's see through. one of the little mesh screens came off in transit, I found it. It's was sitting in the bottom of the IEM case. I'll put in in a ziplock bag.

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #193 of 775
This midrange might just be sweet enough to make me forgo my bass obsession. Stay tuned. Everyone def needs to go foam with these, I'm using the mandarins.

I would assume this would be similar to the A18 vs U18 situation where the custom has more bass. Can anyone confirm? If the custom has more bass I'm afraid my wallet might get its butt kicked.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #194 of 775
This midrange might just be sweet enough to make me forgo my bass obsession. Stay tuned. Everyone def needs to go foam with these, I'm using the mandarins.

I would assume this would be similar to the A18 vs U18 situation where the custom has more bass. Can anyone confirm? If the custom has more bass I'm afraid my wallet might get its butt kicked.
Barra has reported that there is a considerable step up in bass with the customs. The mids and treble were enough for me to place an order!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back