CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Jan 26, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #152 of 775
Listening to the Elysium right now, so IMO EDM music definitely doesn’t sound “right” through these but it still sounds great, especially tracks with piano/female vocal passages. I do find them to be a bit bass light which is why some tracks sound “off” if you will but the quality of the bass is great, just a bit low in quantity for my ears. Shell on the Elysium is also amongst the most comfy universals I have used even though its on the larger size, not sure how much that matters though since its custom only. Should also note right now I am using Symbio W tips.

I’ll continue to post my thoughts as more time passes. I am enjoying them though!
I should point out that ELYSIUM only comes in custom. A recent request for a universal version was turned down by VE. The key point here is that the Universal version - I would agree - is bass light. However, my custom ELYSIUM version in comparison is more in line with what you are hearing on the VE8 universal demo. The bass actually becomes the co-star with the mids. This is amazing given that the sub-bass is driven by a single BA. Not sure if this is a fit/isolation issue as I did get significantly better bass response out of the ELYSIUM demo when cupping and pressing my ears. Try that and see what you hear. Regardless, I got a lot of agreement in the ELYSIUM custom owners discussions when pointing out the bass on the custom is significantly elevated in comparison to the universal demo. So it is not just me or a one-off in my custom.

Do you get more bass when you cup and press your ears for an optimal seal?

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #153 of 775
Also these things like some juice! I’m having to crank my DX228Ex up to almost double the volumes for my A18t/M5.
Not only does it eat up juice, but it also scales in performance without any sibilance to high volumes just sounding larger and more resolute.

Jan 26, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #154 of 775
I should point out that ELYSIUM only comes in custom. A recent request for a universal version was turned down by VE. The key point here is that the Universal version - I would agree - is bass light. However, my custom ELYSIUM version in comparison is more in line with what you are hearing on the VE8 universal demo. The bass actually becomes the co-star with the mids. This is amazing given that the sub-bass is driven by a single BA. Not sure if this is a fit/isolation issue as I did get significantly better bass response out of the ELYSIUM demo when cupping and pressing my ears. Try that and see what you hear. Regardless, I got a lot of agreement in the ELYSIUM custom owners discussions when pointing out the bass on the custom is significantly elevated in comparison to the universal demo. So it is not just me or a one-off in my custom.

Do you get more bass when you cup and press your ears for an optimal seal?

I am getting quite a good seal with just regular positioning, if I cup them or try seal them more its quite uncomfortable pressure wise. Keep in mind I’ve also been listening to the FiR M5 basically everyday for the past 2 weeks so my brain burn in is used to more quantity bass. Also the DX228Ex is quite a reference tuning, I wish I still had my SP2000 SS to listen to with these, I would be willing to bet that would “fix” the bass issue as that DAP is the best I have heard for bass. I haven’t tried the VE8’s yet. I am really enjoying the Elysium’s for now though!

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #157 of 775
Oh you know, just playing on the designer :p

ely.png

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #158 of 775
As much as I like the erlky, I think the A18t / M5 / Elysium is the trio to have.

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #162 of 775
Man the Elysium would look so great next to my M5 and A18t, as @toaster22 said that might be the holy trinity of IEMs for me for different flavors.
Haven't heard the M5 yet, but my trinity is the ELY, A18, and LX. If I had the ERL, especially in custom, then I would have the 4 horsemen. :)

Jan 26, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #165 of 775
Game...over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back