CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Feb 7, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #211 of 775
Any VE8 hype in here...or is everyone all about the Elysium and Erlkonig?
I for one loved the VE8. The ERL is clearly better, but universal only which makes it a no go for me. The ELY is so unique that it is the one that I want to listen to between the VE8 and ELY, but the VE8 is one of the best CIEMs that I have ever heard. Wish I owned the VE8 too.

Feb 7, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #214 of 775
Do you prefer the VE8 over your A18t?
The A18 is my go-to for testing and audiophile pursuits as it is an incredible performer. I consider the VE8 to be more fun which I would prefer to take out during the day for an active lifestyle. The 18 is more of my nighttime, lights off style listing CIEM. I consider both of them to be at the top of the CIEM TOTL tier. So I love them both as different tools for different jobs. They also pair better with different DAPs so my choice of which to pick up can be DAP driven as well.

Feb 7, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #215 of 775
the elysium and erlky are just too good...

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #216 of 775
Feb 9, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #218 of 775
Its gonna be so hard to let these go. They are by far the easiest listening IEM i've ever heard, zero fatigue masterful tuning. While it will be awhile before I pull the trigger on any IEMs soon-I want to see another iteration of hybrid releases from all the big boys-Elysium is at the top of my to buy list rn, I suspect it could be dethroned though this year.

Does anyone know if it comes with the clear silver cable that's included with Elysium in the tour kit? It's a very good pairing and also what about the modification to hear outside sounds, has anyone done that on their elysium CIEMs?

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #219 of 775
Its gonna be so hard to let these go. They are by far the easiest listening IEM i've ever heard, zero fatigue masterful tuning. While it will be awhile before I pull the trigger on any IEMs soon-I want to see another iteration of hybrid releases from all the big boys-Elysium is at the top of my to buy list rn, I suspect it could be dethroned though this year.

Does anyone know if it comes with the clear silver cable that's included with Elysium in the tour kit? It's a very good pairing and also what about the modification to hear outside sounds, has anyone done that on their elysium CIEMs?

Yes that silver cable is the stock elysium cable. I believe that “ambient” system isn’t available on the elysium.

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #221 of 775
I believe that “ambient” system isn’t available on the elysium.
That is correct. The "Ambience System" is a feature for artists on stage to avoid the feeling of being isolated from the audience. As the ELYSIUM is not meant for stage, due to its high impedance and resulting relatively low sound pressure level, the "Ambience System" is not available with this model.

All the best,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Feb 12, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #223 of 775
This is by far the hardest send off I've ever done. Parting ways with Elysium.

It's not goodbye...it's see you later.

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #224 of 775
This is by far the hardest send off I've ever done. Parting ways with Elysium.

Looking forward to these coming my way. And the Ale of course...:wink::sunglasses::beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back