Closed phones for iPhone & Gaming
Feb 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wozza2k

New Head-Fier
Right so I am on the market for a set of headphones having been looking at reviews going back and forth for the past week now. 

I originally had a set of Goldrings NS1000 which were ok I guess but they aren't that well built so had developed cracks and thus have been returned.  I am back to my (don't hate on me) Bose Triports which I personally prefer the sound of over the Goldrings.

In recent days i have narrowed my search down to the DT770, Shure SRH840, B&W P5, and even the Pioneer HDJ-500. 

From reading far and wide the DT770 seems to be one of the best out of that lot but the problem I have is that the cable isn't easily swappable to one which has an iPod remote.  The Shure's look physically too big to be used as portables, B&W's are expensive, and the Pioneers?  Well they're on-ears from pictures i've seen and I haven't managed to find many reviews yet. 

As these will be used on public transport I think they will need to be closed phones at the very least and preferably around-ears.  So any suggestions people? 

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 6
Why don't buy 2 sets of hp's? Imo. 

1 for gaming
1 for portable use

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 6
Yea, maybe m50 for music-portable and AD700 for gaming

Feb 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 6
2 headphones would be an option in the future maybe but right now I cannot afford such an outlay.

Budget is ideally £150 tops, I will make considerations on higher priced phones if they meet all requirements

I've looked at a lot of the Audio Technica range and know many rate their products, only problem is they don't have a user replaceable cable which is a problem as I want to swap the cable for one with iPod remote support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back