Closed Headphones under $200
Nov 10, 2010 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

racing2khaos

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting the beyerdynamics DT 770... Which should i get? 32 or 80 OHMS...

I guess $200 is my max budget, and i was thinking of starting with fiio E5 since they are cheap, and move on to better amp when i get more money... is it enough to amp the headphones?

What other headphones you guys think is well suited for me?

I listen to almost any genre except not alot of country and classical. I love well rounded sound with a tad more of bass, but not banging in my head.
Definitely warmer sound, not pitchy and lots of highs.

Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 14
Well I now love the D2000. The bass isn't that overpowering and doesn't take away from anything else. I was expecting severely recessed mids, but I don't think they're as bad as everyone says. I'm still trying to figure out what they're talking about. Maybe my amp helps with this.

D2000 is only $225 on Amazon. I know you said $200, but it's worth the extra $225. Sometimes you can find them for $200 and it shouldn't be difficult.

Not a huge fan of the M50, but I love these and it's my FUN headphone. The bass seems really well controlled. Totally not my usual sound signature.

BTW it's soundstage to me sounds like an open headphone. Not sure how they pulled that off.

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 14
600 ohms? I think that's a bit much when considering on portability....

And that dinky e5 wouldn't support it... I think? Do you know what's the max ohms headphones can that thing support to get a decent volume?

The Denon is considerable.

PS this is my first real headphone purchase, I only have the ultimate ear 5 and vibe up till now...

So whats the comparison of the dt 770 and the Denon.

What's about senheisser hd 448?
I was set on the hd 595 until I saw it was open :/

I think those 3 are my choses... I don't wanna get to confuse, and I wanna try to resolve this tonight so I can buy one asap, before I spend my money on food..
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 14
Denon D2000 for $189 shipped.
http://dealmac.com/iphone/deals/402372.html

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 14

Quote:

Didn't know that was a criterion..

Quote:

And that dinky e5 wouldn't support it... I think? Do you know what's the max ohms headphones can that thing support to get a decent volume?

The Denon is considerable.

PS this is my first real headphone purchase, I only have the ultimate ear 5 and vibe up till now...

So whats the comparison of the dt 770 and the Denon.

What's about senheisser hd 448?
I was set on the hd 595 until I saw it was open :/

I think those 3 are my choses... I don't wanna get to confuse, and I wanna try to resolve this tonight so I can buy one asap, before I spend my money on food.

imo Denons are *much* better-sounding than low-ohm DT770.  And are easy to drive.  My D7000 Denons are my favorite closed headphone by a mile, and they don't sound very different at all from D5000 (and D2000 I'm assuming since they have the same construction as D5000).  I compared the Beyers and Denons in some detail in the link in post 2.

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #7 of 14
No full sized Beryer gonna be ideal for portable. . . At all. If you need closed, low leakage( not something Denon's or BEryers do well), high isolation, Hi-fi, easy to drive, and portable then the answer is simple: HD25-II's.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #8 of 14
Curiosity from what i research ohms = more quality and less noise

So why is Denon d2000 (which i was surprise) have only 25 ohms?

I am seriously thinking of buying one cus of that offer the guy just posted above...

But i do need the Ohm fetish curiosity question answer
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
Curiosity from what i research ohms = more quality and less noise

So why is Denon d2000 (which i was surprise) have only 25 ohms?

I am seriously thinking of buying one cus of that offer the guy just posted above...

But i do need the Ohm fetish curiosity question answer
smily_headphones1.gif

There is no correlation bettwen Ohms and quality. At all, get that out of your mind right now.

Nov 11, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #10 of 14
I was looking at the Beyer DT770-250 ohm because they seem to be the cheapest at $170 shipped if you can drive them I cant see why I would need to go lower.

Nov 11, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #11 of 14
cool well i put the denon in the shopping cart already...
lets hope it s awesome...
i was looking at mods too, ill see how the stock it after burning them in.
smily_headphones1.gif

cant wait for my new toy to come in!

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #12 of 14
I'm curious why the Shure 840 didn't get a look in at this price point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back