Closed cans, decent portability and great bass, need recommendation!
Aug 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ryejoutiger

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

As per the Title, I am looking to invest in a pair of cans that will be great for bass music and that are somewhat "closed" so that they are portable and so people around me can't hear my music. The sound and bass is more of a priority than the "closed" criteria, just putting it out there. I would like to use them when I'm chilling at a friend's place, relaxing at the cottage on the patio, or when I'm at my computer. The music I listen to mostly is rap, dubstep and pop. I love bass. My budget is around the D5000 level, but not D7000 :)

Here is what I have thought of so far, please let me know which choice would be best, or if there is something better not listed below!

Denon D5000
Ultrasone 900 Pro
Bose Quiet Comforts
Hifiman HE400
Denon D2000
IEM (Any) - I don't mind going IEM if the sound and bass are great, to be honest Ive never purchased a pair before.

Hoping yall can give me a good recommendation, my budget will be $500.

Thanks!

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 5
I do, but it is considerably below your $500 budget.  And while it definitely has very prominent bass response, the other portions of it's SQ may not be up to par with the models you listed above. 
smile.gif

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 5
Be aware that D5000 are semi-open it means you will hear people talking, phone ringing etc, HE-400 are open and much more heavier so not suitable for portable use. You should consider D600 they really have good isolation so nobody will hear what you are listening to plus you will hear only subway trains noisy tracks but not cars or people talking, phone ringing. If you want IEMs try Grado GR10

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Try out the  Audio-Technica ATH-M50. A very nice sound with nice bass and very comfortable. You can buy them on Amazon for under $150.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back