Closed back cans with solid (not overpowering) bass
Jan 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

saltpot3816

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some closed back headphones  to use with my macbook / ipod (some). I'm new to really high end headphones still, but just for reference, I bought Monster Beats a long time ago, and returned them after a week, now I have Monster Turbines (in ear), and I want to break into the hi-fi headphones. I had been looking at the AKG K272 HD, but after reading a few reviews, it sounds like I may want a little bit more bass power than those will give me. If I'm being ignorant, please let me know. Someone on here had mentioned the Ultrasone HFI 580s which looked pretty good, but the CNET review said you probably shouldn't run it with just an iPod... I'm fine with getting a headphone amp if I need to though. I want headphones that sound good with rock. I listen to jazz, and vocal music from time to time, but definitely mostly rock and electronica. Any recommendations? (closed back is a necessity sadly :p 

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 8
You can try the B&W P5s. I got them about a month ago and I'm in love with them. I always think the most enticing things about basically anything is build quality and these are beautiful, not to mention they sound sweet. Especially if you're pairing it with an iPod or macbook. Also they don't require an amp. :)

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Xenon DN-HP700 also are a solid choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back