Clip+ Rock'd or 6G Nano LO
Nov 25, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #31 of 38

Quote:
Quote:
How does the Sansa clip+ compare to the Cowon S9 (which im currently using) in terms of SQ?

Not in the same league, unfortunately. The S9 is much better to my tastes. While on basic settings, no EQ and no effects the S9 doesn't sound much different from the Clip+, it has better EQ and the effects can give me more warmth if I need it... and I like my players warm. And you can play around with it a lot more than the limited-in-comparison settings you have on the Clip. There's a limit to how warm I can make the Clip+ sound without getting its bass bloated. 

Anyway back on topic I am also curious how the 6G sounds compared to the Clip+. I had a rockbox'd Clip+ earlier this year, it was okay but I wasn't all that happy with it. I paid about $100 for it and wasn't all that happy with what I got. That said I am now thinking of getting the 6G Nano and it's gonna put me back about $200. But I like its form factor and other physical qualities, all I am wondering about is the SQ. 

I'd like to hear a good comparison of the two players (6G Nano and Clip+) describing the sound characteristics, from people who have heard and tested both side to side. 

Just got my Clip + a week ago, Rockboxed it  and been using it since then. I agree with your observation that the S9 is better in terms of providing more warmth to the music and you get less distortion even if putting the EQ to the extremes. What I like with the Clip though is I only need to tweak a little especially if used with a good earphone. With my Fischer Audio DBA-02 for instance, I only adjust the Treble and Bass levels slightly and leave the EQ off to get a spectacullar sound. I noted that the more I play with the EQ, the more distortion I get.

With regards to comparing the Clip with the Nano, I have a 5th gen Nano and SQ wise, the Clip just beats the Nano IMO. If they used the same chip with the 6th gen then I would never consider swapping my Clip for the 6th Gen. I never liked the sound from any of the iPods or iPhones even if I owned a couple of them. My Cowon S9 and Clip  just beats them all

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #33 of 38

Quote:

With regards to comparing the Clip with the Nano, I have a 5th gen Nano and SQ wise, the Clip just beats the Nano IMO. If they used the same chip with the 6th gen then I would never consider swapping my Clip for the 6th Gen. I never liked the sound from any of the iPods or iPhones even if I owned a couple of them. My Cowon S9 and Clip  just beats them all

Was that LO on the Nano 5G?  

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #34 of 38
I'm also very interested in this discussion, not that I see myself buying a Nano anytime soon.
The 6g Nano is only a contender if you consider the LO, or at least as far as I'm concerned. Even then the firmware and limited returns per dollar compared to the cheaper Clip+ is something I would certainly have to think long and hard about.

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #35 of 38

Quote:
Quote:

Was that LO on the Nano 5G?  

oh yeah, forgot that this thread is about using the Nano LO. Havent tried the LO though. Cant seem to get hold of a LO cable out here
confused_face%281%29.gif

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #36 of 38
Bumping up an old thread just to find out how the SQ compares between 6G Nano vs. Clip+ (Rockboxed or not) from the HO. If anyone has any impressions of either dap please post 'em!

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #37 of 38
Roma, you may feel free to try out my Clip+. I do have a old nano, but its a 2G (iirc). I love the sound of the clip+ though.

Quote:
Bumping up an old thread just to find out how the SQ compares between 6G Nano vs. Clip+ (Rockboxed or not) from the HO. If anyone has any impressions of either dap please post 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back