Clash of the Titans: HJE900 vs. CK10 vs. Turbine Pro Gold
Feb 23, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #76 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw, these really aren't forgiving very forgiving to low quality sources, lol. I'm hearing distortion in slacker that I never explicitly spotted, but now it's very obvious in orchestrated tracks.

I said in another thread that the HJE900 are my first IEMs that reveal mp3 compression artefacts in 192kbit files even while commuting in noisy surroundings.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #77 of 125
Haha glad to see I'm not the only one!

Contrary to what I had thought, these aren't make me enjoy my other headphones less(though it's quite likely I might sell them so I don't feel so guilty for buying so many headphones lol). I think the hard htting treble of the HJE900 is making me notice details that I never even noticed with my other phones which now. Listening back on my RX700 and PX200-II, I can usually hear them, just not as precisely presented.

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #78 of 125
A note on complies. I mentioned it before, but has anyone tried using the complies backwards? Lol as usual I'm back to ABing between tips, and I find the backwards complies probably give me the best sound. I only have the Sony hybrids and complies that fit me now, as I the stock panny tips that fit me. The sony tips definitely sound warmer, and the backwards complies are closer to neutral. My only gripes are that bass maybe doesnt feel as tight, havent tested enough, and that the sensation in my ears is a bit odd with the tips backwards. They fit better than than the sonys, but it still kinda feels odd because of the backwardness.

It really seems the treble loss happens only in the top portion of the comply tip that is core-less when worn regularly, because worn backward so that the core extends all the way to the opening, the treble is all there. I suggest you guys give it a try.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #79 of 125
Currently listening to the ck10s with Black Star @ 256k -> ipod video -> triple.fi impedance adaptor -> medium hybrids. There is more than enough bass for me.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #80 of 125
Yeah, I've tried the backward comply tip, and it definitely gives a better sound. I find it less comfortable after a while, but silicone tips seem to aggravate my tinnitus in my right ear... don't know why but the complys don't do it nearly as much.

I think because it doesn't create an airtight seal so there's no pressure difference and because it's not plastic it breaths better, meaning it doesn't get so moist..

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #81 of 125
Yea I think that's why, but I also found complies make the bass sound less tight and precise, even if more present. Right now I'm trying the Sony hybrids with my complies, decored, stuff under them. The sound seems to be on the warmer side of things, but I'm not sure it's any moreso than it was with the Sony's alone. But this is by far the most comfortable, best isolating/sealing, and best fitting config I've used. Sound seems to be at least on par with wat it was with the sonys. I might need to try this with another silicone tip though as the Sonys do seem to be on the warmer side. Doesn't lose any detail at all, unlike with the complies, just the sound signature changes to a more bass oriented one, I believe because of the small opening on the hybrids. The seal on it is perfect though lol. Almost every single time I insert it into my ear, I'm getting driver flex/pop - I think thats the term - so clearly it's sealing well without so much fidgeting.

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #83 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, everyone!
The RE0 is actually pretty similar to the CK10 minus some of the treble sparkle and bottom-end detail as well as resolution and speed, so the majority of the CK10 vs HJE900 comparisons should apply to the RE0 as well. .

That's good to know, not caring much at all for the RE0, I do not need to buy either one then
biggrin.gif
. I can't help but wonder if the MTP would be a decent upgrade for my FX500 though
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #84 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anybody tryed on the HJE900 the Vsonic olive-clones from ebay? (they fit on larger nozzles than shures)

They would need to be expanded. I tried a stock pair and they wouldn't fit. Didn't want to expand them since they fit on my CK10 fine. I also tried a de-cored set and they were too loose.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #87 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wouldnt pay more than 50 bucks for the turbines, my stock insignia radio buds are almost as nice

1. The Turbines referred to the thread are the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, the second-generation product and an upgrade from the old Turbines in every respect.

2. These Insignia buds you are proselytizing in every single thread are of no benefit to most people if they are not readily available. At least post some pics so we may know what to look for.

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #88 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. The Turbines referred to the thread are the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, the second-generation product and an upgrade from the old Turbines in every respect.

2. These Insignia buds you are proselytizing in every single thread are of no benefit to most people if they are not readily available. At least post some pics so we may know what to look for.

He knows that you're referring to the MTPgolds, he's trolling.

He also showed up in the MTPcopper thread to say something dumb there, too.

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #89 of 125
Regarding different tips for the HJE900, while searching for the one that gave me the right sound presentation for my preferences, i decided to see if the silicone ones from Apple's in-ear would fit. They do indeed,with a slight stretch, and while they weren't the ones that gave me what i was looking for (Comply's were) they did attenuate some of the higher frequencies slightly,but not as much as the Comply's do. My problem with them was they made vocals sound just a little congested and percussion sound unnatural to me, and being a drummer that wasn't acceptable
wink_face.gif
Different ears+different tips=different sound perspectives,so what i heard might not be what someone else will, and i hadn't seen the Apple tips mentioned here, so just thought i'd mention it in case anyone has some kicking around and might want to experiment. I don't think you can buy them separately anymore, but maybe someone knows what company sources them to Apple.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #90 of 125
For those who have had both, would you say that the HJE900 is the logical upgrade in terms of sound signature from the Meelelec M6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back