Circumaural Grados!
Feb 6, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #16 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Will I just be able to order the pads

Yes
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
will have to send my headphones in to have them added?

No

Feb 6, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 85
Larry you are amazing... can't wait to hear reports on this mod. Any idea when pricing will be available?

img121.jpg

"So what kind of 'phones are those?"
"They're modded Grados"
"No really, what are they??"
"OK, they USED to be Grados, then I let headphile have 'em for a couple of days..."
600smile.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #18 of 85
I'm all over this new pad once it's available. My 225 sound better with the flats, but if these new circumaural pads sound (just as) good and are many times more comfy...I'm totally there.

- walkman666

Feb 6, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #20 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Any idea when pricing will be available?

Aprox a week while I figure up the details
cool.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #22 of 85
Wow! Those things look great on the grados. Probably be gettin one of those eventually, but i think ill let someone else do it first so they can post the sound. If your getting these, post reviews!!!

Please!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #23 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
Aprox a week while I figure up the details
cool.gif

[mr.burns]EEEEXCELENT![/mr.burns]
rs1smile.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #24 of 85
Won't the new, big pads make the bass weaker than with flats?

Feb 7, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #25 of 85
All I want to know about is the bass response, if its better or worst than the stock pads. I love the look of those Grado mods on his website though. Expecially the woodies.

Feb 7, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #26 of 85
HI: Its about time there is a very comfortable pad for the grado. Now to see if the new pads sound good and have better bass and sound stage. If so its back to the 225 that I really liked the sound of but the comfort with all the pads was just not for me. I have been into the bass head thing but am ready to move back to the detail thing and the 225 with a comfortable pad would fit the bill for me I think. Can someone remind me if the 225 come with a adapter plug 1/4 to 1/8.

Feb 7, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #27 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax
I wonder how they will sound. They look almost as they would be almost brighter than the bowls.

That's what I was thinking but I'm sure Larry is well aware that the spacing between the driver and ear is critical so it's probably nothing to worry about. We'll just have to be patient and wait for those first impressions to pop up
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #28 of 85
Would it possible to use black material to make it a better matching color? In any case, that is friggin' sweet!
rs1smile.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #30 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
So totally, who wants to organize an australian group buy for these things, cause I want a pair
wink.gif

Do I see a hand up? why yes, the gentlemen with the winking eye has graciously volunteered.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back