Circumaural Grados!
Feb 6, 2005 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Did you guys check out Larry's page recently on Headphile? New pics of Circumaural Grados - looks like a pad can be slipped on there and bam you have comfort and soundstage! He left his impressions of what the mod did on his page, but I hope he doesn't mind if I steal some bandwidth and show a pic of it here - hmm, having that on my SR200 would really be the Darth Grado...

img114.jpg

Feb 6, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 85
That's the left driver on the right ear.
tongue.gif

I wonder what this is going to do for all closet Grado lovers who have other phones because of the pads. Speaking of pads. Yet another option to explain to the newbies. *sigh* Oh well, gives us something to type about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 85
Very interesting ! Those pads look like they're coming off Beyers ? 501 pads seems to be comfy as well.

edit: scratch it, huge 501 pads look silly on sr 80.
frown.gif

grado501.jpg

Feb 6, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 85
Yeah those are the same plushy velour pads on my DT770 Darth Beyers. I already know those fit and feel well on me so that's a plus.

Oh and on K501 - I opened up the pads and they had like hooks on them to stick them on the can, so that wouldn't work well on Grados- the Beyers slip on, which makes more sense.

Feb 6, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 85
Ive been waiting for these. I currently have a similar mod on sr60 by super gluing cheap circumaurals on bowls. The problem I have with this is that the driver is farther away and the sound becomes thinner. I wonder if headphile's mod will have similar problem? I have no doubt it will be insanely comfy tho

Feb 6, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
also will getting a woody mod be required?

doesnt look like it. in the pic it looks like a stock MS-1 with the headphiled pads wrapped on.

Feb 6, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #10 of 85
GAK LOOKIT THESE BABIES!
hd1.jpg

Feb 6, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #12 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
Ive been waiting for these. I currently have a similar mod on sr60 by super gluing cheap circumaurals on bowls. The problem I have with this is that the driver is farther away and the sound becomes thinner. I wonder if headphile's mod will have similar problem? I have no doubt it will be insanely comfy tho

I was thinking the same thing, but I reckon the beyer pads aren't any thicker than reversed bowls when they're compressed onto your head, so they should sound good with a huge soundstage. I might email Larry and see if I can get a circumaural modded ms-2.

Feb 6, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #13 of 85
Those definitedly look like Beyerdynamic pads. Interesting.

Feb 6, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #14 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Those definitedly look like Beyerdynamic pads. Interesting.

Yes, they are, as stated on the website.

Feb 6, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 85
Hmmm...this might convince me to keep the MS2 instead of the HD650...

I didn't quite follow the article. Will I just be able to order the pads or will have to send my headphones in to have them added?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back