Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #121 of 1,084
Hey Framgeld,

Can I please ask how you got the Mojo working with Foobar showing the correct colour on the power LED. I'm running Windows 10 and installed the driver from the Chord website and have installed the WASAPI plug-in for Foobar. The Mojo is selected as my output device but the power LED stays red during FLAC file playback.

Thanks!

Red is an indicator of 16bit/44.1 file. Flac is just the file format it's in. Most flac files are 16bit/44.1 unless otherwise stated. Can be 24bit/96 as well.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #122 of 1,084

Hey Framgeld,

Can I please ask how you got the Mojo working with Foobar showing the correct colour on the power LED. I'm running Windows 10 and installed the driver from the Chord website and have installed the WASAPI plug-in for Foobar. The Mojo is selected as my output device but the power LED stays red during FLAC file playback.

Thanks!

What was the sampling rate of the music files before you ripped to FLAC? If it was CD quality then it is still ampled at 44.1KHz when in FLAC form.

Have you selected the WASPAPI driver in Foobar? I know in JRiver I have to select which output driver I want.

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #123 of 1,084
Well, just tested my set ups, the mojo using poweramp then same song using uapp. I kept the headphones the same just switched to my sabre hifimediy android dac and cayin c5....

Mojo - still got the issue of stuttering etc on both poweramp and uapp. Uapp playing back red on mojo and poweramp on blue due to android upsampling.

Sabre android hifimediy dac and cayin c5 - poweramp played without a single stutter and uapp still stuttered.

Ive read the posts and links about uapp. I've played with the settings and never could eliminate the audio stutter etc.

Sound differences ?... literally sound more or less exactly the same. Theres zero chance of me picking out the mojo to my android dac and c5 amp in a blind test based on sound quality. Something is wrong, cos £400 needs to explain itself. As i said the mojo stutters in poweramp yet my original set up plays it fine. Theres NO difference between tidal HIFI streaming compared to the same song on poweramp in mp3 format.

My original setup sounded fine, I didnt expect it to blow me away but I did expect a fair improvement for £400 plus the rave reviews.

I genuinely feel as though im not using it correctly considering the mojo sounds the same as my £30 android dac and c5 amp. Surely tidal HIFI of purple rain will sound better than my 320kbps mp3 download... ?

If this is as good as mojo gets and thats what £1000+ dacs sound like, im gutted considering the sabre android and cayin c5 cost me £140.

Hmmmm....

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #124 of 1,084

Thanks andi16.

That kind of proves that my current unit is faulty....
Let's see how the replacement turns out....

I guess we can summarize: no "user" fix for high-pitch sound issue when charging.
I'm also waiting for replacement. Last time it took exactly one month, I'm hoping for faster response this time...

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #125 of 1,084

I guess we can summarize: no "user" fix for high-pitch sound issue when charging.
I'm also waiting for replacement. Last time it took exactly one month, I'm hoping for faster response this time...

Noise while charging was fully covered in the Official Thread. Please check the third post of that. It's either a Mojo with a faulty regulator on one of the early ones. Or noisy charging due to noisy power on the charger.

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #127 of 1,084
I went to four high end audio stores and they are telling me not all Android phones will work with the Mojo. I tried three new phones and they did not work. Which Android phones will work with the Mojo?

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #128 of 1,084
I went to four high end audio stores and they are telling me not all Android phones will work with the Mojo. I tried three new phones and they did not work. Which Android phones will work with the Mojo?

Any Android phones with 4.4 and above technically should work without issues when connected to the Mojo via a proper USB OTG cable. Only instance I can think of if it didn't work would be because the Android OS is heavily modified.

Btw, what phones may we know that you tried that didn't work, what app was used and what was the cable used?

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #129 of 1,084
Any Android phones with 4.4 and above technically should work without issues when connected to the Mojo via a proper USB OTG cable. Only instance I can think of if it didn't work would be because the Android OS is heavily modified.

Btw, what phones may we know that you tried that didn't work, what app was used and what was the cable used?

Thanks.
LG3 (new) Note 3

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #130 of 1,084
LG3 (new) Note 3

That's odd, I own the G3 and have no issues with playback on the Mojo via HibyMusic.

Some users have used the Note 3 without issues as well.

May we know how you're connecting the phones to the Mojo and what app is used?
It'll help us to help you to troubleshoot the issues.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #131 of 1,084
That's odd, I own the G3 and have no issues with playback on the Mojo via HibyMusic.

Some users have used the Note 3 without issues as well.

May we know how you're connecting the phones to the Mojo and what app is used?
It'll help us to help you to troubleshoot the issues.

Tried Inkyo, poweramp, Neutron. Wont play through Mojo but will play through phobe speakers.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #132 of 1,084

I can confirm HTC One M8 works. An older model yes but still a good one.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #134 of 1,084

Tried Inkyo, poweramp, Neutron. Wont play through Mojo but will play through phobe speakers.

From the picture, there's a B indicator on the micro to micro cable connected to the side of the G3.
Could you have accidentally plugged the OTG side to the Mojo instead? I'm just guessing why it didn't work.
Some micro to micro OTG cables are one way connections and have to be plugged in correctly to enable OTG to work

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #135 of 1,084
From the picture, there's a B indicator on the micro to micro cable connected to the side of the G3.
Could you have accidentally plugged the OTG side to the Mojo instead? I'm just guessing why it didn't work.
Some micro to micro OTG cables are one way connections and have to be plugged in correctly to enable OTG to work
good thought. So phone to mojo direction ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back