Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Mar 1, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #91 of 1,084
Hello all, I have just changed my Mojo unit. Purchased 1 week ago. It has worked fine but I would gree to some of the messages regarding connection issues and drop-out of signal connection. However, last night on a fully charged unit using 2amps charge as recommended by the CE Rep ( UK), my unit would not recognise any input source. The cable shipped is cheap and of appalling quality and connection and this was ditched after first use; with breaks and pauses in signal intermittent stop a and start Saving! Changed for a quality USB data cable and all fine. This unit is a cost of hard earned money and therefore I/we should expect it to work as a leading reference quality tested unit, etc.
My HiFI dealer was immediately responsive (Canterbury HiFI) and with no quibble, exchanged my unit for a fresh sealed one. My only gripe was that the unit needed its full 8hrs charge again before using! That is according to manufacturers recommended use for long lithium battery life.

I am happy to share my experiences with the 'Mojo' if anyone has any queries, etc. Also I found this forum after trying all else. I started to doubt my cables, connections, pc, MacBooks x2, iPad Air, iPad mini, Samsung S6 Samsung Note Edge..........but alas it was the unit. The uniqueness of the unit is that it is so simple to connect sources.:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #92 of 1,084
Hey ho, back again with the same frustrating issue of Mojo not recognising input source (eg iPad mini, iPad Air, Samsung S6,,7 Note Edge). Switched off/on, hard and soft reboot, etc.

Before I embarrassingly return this unit back to the main dealer, is there anything I am missing that anyone has similar exp riemce with? Is it a faulty batch, software,. Usually happens after one week of light use of approximately 2-3 hours on an evening.Maybe it's just a part-time unit?!

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #93 of 1,084
Hey ho, back again with the same frustrating issue of Mojo not recognising input source (eg iPad mini, iPad Air, Samsung S6,,7 Note Edge). Switched off/on, hard and soft reboot, etc.

Before I embarrassingly return this unit back to the main dealer, is there anything I am missing that anyone has similar exp riemce with? Is it a faulty batch, software,. Usually happens after one week of light use of approximately 2-3 hours on an evening.Maybe it's just a part-time unit?!

It may be daunting, but there are many more eyes in the main thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post

And as it says, make sure you read and exhaust all the suggestions in the 3rd post.

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #96 of 1,084
I don't know the reason but I find that the mojo has better sound stage from my Mac using usb vs my iPad using lighting to usb anyone know what might course this
The difference is clear all I can think is the lighting might effect the sound

Are you using the default Apple software on both?
Is the indicator light on the Mojo the same (i.e. Red to indicate 44.1kHz) on both?

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #97 of 1,084
Hey. Just got the galaxy s7 edge. Now my mojo gives blue 192khz light from tidal on my phone.

Before it gave red light from iphone. 44khz. And iphone wouldnt let med adjust volume but the Samsung lets me adjust volume on it. Shouldnt mojo take over the volume control?

Does this mean that Samsung doesnt provide the right signal to mojo? Using only the cable in the bor with mojo. Do i need otg cable?

Mar 15, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #98 of 1,084
Hey. Just got the galaxy s7 edge. Now my mojo gives blue 192khz light from tidal on my phone.

Before it gave red light from iphone. 44khz. And iphone wouldnt let med adjust volume but the Samsung lets me adjust volume on it. Shouldnt mojo take over the volume control?

Does this mean that Samsung doesnt provide the right signal to mojo? Using only the cable in the bor with mojo. Do i need otg cable?

It is not related to the Samsung or the cable - it is Android, which is upsampling the audio before sending it to the Mojo. You can bypass this upsampling through the UAPP application.

There's much more detail in the main Mojo thread.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #101 of 1,084
I forgot to add one solution, that I think it was @Ra97oR mentioned on the Official Mojo Thread. However I guess @Mython will have added it to the thrid post of the Official thread.

Whan using the Mojo in USB mode it sometimes sees breaks in music as changes in sampling rate. Thus leaving a muting of the first second of mucis after, e.g. a track change. However the fix was to use the Mojo in optical mode. Then the Mojo will mute the only when there is a sampling frequency change. Tracks in the same sampling frequency wil not mute the first second. Again e.g. like at the start of the album.

However I can not verify this as I have no optical source set up right now. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #102 of 1,084
Yes both red lights very confusing the only thing can be lightning port
Any one have this happen

I will have to give this a try!

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #103 of 1,084
Hey this is exactly same as mine!
About to get mine replaced but I'm afraid the replacement would still be the same. 

I tried the following chargers with stock usb cable, galaxy s4, braided usb cable bought from amazon.
The results are more or less the same : Mojo makes annoying high pitch tone while charging and turned off.

- Anker 5port
   (http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Multi-Port-Samsung/dp/B00VH8ZW02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458190384&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+5+port)
- iPhone
- iPad charger
- Samsung galaxy S4
- MacBook pro 
- Sony Vaio

It is like this at home and at my office so I don't think it is my electricity source problem.
I can't use Mojo in office because my coworkers complain about the high freq tone coming from Mojo (it is usually quiet in the office).

It is not perfect but okay when the device is on, even in charging status.
But when the device is turned off while the charging port is connected, Mojo starts making that annoying high pitch tone.
Even when the device is fully charged (the charging light is not turned on), the noise is still there.
You can hear it couple feet away and after a while, I feel like I have a ringing in my ear. 

Other than the noise issue, I'm pretty satisfied with it. 

Just a faulty Mojo?

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #104 of 1,084
... The results are more or less the same : Mojo makes annoying high pitch tone while charging and turned off.

Just a faulty Mojo?

Mine does the same high pitch tone while charging.
My previous mojo unit was faulty (was turning itself off) and I got it replaced - but he didn't had this high pitch tone issue.
So I'm also thinking about getting it replaced.

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #105 of 1,084
@tuna47 initial impression is I agree with you. I would have assumed the two, desktop and mobile, to be of the same quality.

I'll have to futz a little more with decibel matching between the two platforms, to ensure I'm not simply liking the desktop more due to a higher volume. But like I said, my initial listening coincides with what you're hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back