Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Mar 1, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #946 of 1,084
Somebody needs to be a tv or film star to be famous ?

What about Jesus, he is famous and not a tv in sight.
My God, you’re right. Or rather, “My Mojo Ideas, you’re right”. How could I not see it? How could I fail to recognize a being so far beyond the pitiful earthly trappings of celebrity? We’re not talking about mere fame here, we’re talking about a bonafide deity. “Yea, and on the last day, he created Hugo, but Hugo was alone, and cried out for companionship, and so by taking a circuit board from him while he slept, Mojo Ideas created his namesake Mojo, and through Hugo’s union with Mojo came Hugo 2...”

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #947 of 1,084
Replying to my own post with updates:

I contacted Chord in UK. They gave me the place in CA that repairs Chord items. I had a friend here locally that owns an audio/electronics repair shop diagnose the issue. He diagnosed it as not anything to do with the soldering but actually the inside of the plugs were not functioning properly.

So I ordered four 3.5 jacks from the place in CA. (2 extra just in case). I had them installed locally by my friend.

All is good now and they work perfectly. Chord and the place in CA were great to work with.
How much did this end up costing you? If it's too pricy for me I'm considering selling mine for a discounted price to someone who's able to fix it themselves or has better connections than I do.

I have those exact problems except my USB slot is also in a similar state.

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #948 of 1,084
How much did this end up costing you? If it's too pricy for me I'm considering selling mine for a discounted price to someone who's able to fix it themselves or has better connections than I do.

I have those exact problems except my USB slot is also in a similar state.
If you love your Mojo then getting it fixed will be worth it rather than selling at a huge loss.
If you are planning to sell it anyway then yes way the cost of parts and repair cost vs selling at a loss unrepaired.

The cost of the 3.5 plugs were super cheap. Locally the repair cost for replacing both plugs is about $60.

PM me and I can get you the contact information for the authorized Chord repair place in CA.

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #949 of 1,084
If you love your Mojo then getting it fixed will be worth it rather than selling at a huge loss.
If you are planning to sell it anyway then yes way the cost of parts and repair cost vs selling at a loss unrepaired.

The cost of the 3.5 plugs were super cheap. Locally the repair cost for replacing both plugs is about $60.

PM me and I can get you the contact information for the authorized Chord repair place in CA.
Presumably this is the same LA service centre mentioned in this post by Matt

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #950 of 1,084
Exactly. That is where I purchased my Mojo parts from.

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #953 of 1,084
I have this most peculiar cracking noise through my music when I play back DSD 256 music through the Mojo. Only DSD 256 so far. Very annoying, makes the whole listening unbearable. Every 10-20 seconds, some cracking noise. Any solution on the horizon? I use a Melco N1A/2 music server through USB connection. I'm dumbfounded.

May 18, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #954 of 1,084
I have this weird problem with my mojo that I haven’t seen others have. I use usb in. Whenever I move the usb cable in any direction by the tiniest amount, it loses connection to the device and the sound stops. I’m talking about literally 1 degree of movement in any direction. Just touching the cable will make it disconnect. It’s not the usb cable; I’ve tried 3 different ones. It’s not the audio source, tried from both my iphone and windows desktop. It’s not whatever it’s driving because it happens even without headphones plugged in. It just started yesterday for no reason. Has been sitting on my desk for a week. I’ve had other issues too, hissing primarily, but also the bolts unloosening from normal use.

May 19, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #955 of 1,084
I have this weird problem with my mojo that I haven’t seen others have. I use usb in. Whenever I move the usb cable in any direction by the tiniest amount, it loses connection to the device and the sound stops. I’m talking about literally 1 degree of movement in any direction. Just touching the cable will make it disconnect. It’s not the usb cable; I’ve tried 3 different ones. It’s not the audio source, tried from both my iphone and windows desktop. It’s not whatever it’s driving because it happens even without headphones plugged in. It just started yesterday for no reason. Has been sitting on my desk for a week. I’ve had other issues too, hissing primarily, but also the bolts unloosening from normal use.
Which headphones are you using?

May 19, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #956 of 1,084

That sounds like the USB port has become loose in its soldered joints. A very quick and easy repair for someone who knows what they are doing. Just melt the solder joints and let them set again. If it's just one joint it could be visible too.

If it's under warranty then you would want the work done by Chord or Chord approved service.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #958 of 1,084
That sounds like the USB port has become loose in its soldered joints. A very quick and easy repair for someone who knows what they are doing. Just melt the solder joints and let them set again. If it's just one joint it could be visible too.

If it's under warranty then you would want the work done by Chord or Chord approved service.
I’ll take another look but really didn’t see any damage. Can fix it if I do I guess. It is under warranty so could also send it in. Thx!

May 22, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #959 of 1,084
I’ll take another look but really didn’t see any damage. Can fix it if I do I guess. It is under warranty so could also send it in. Thx!

I thought about that again afterwards. It could even be a faulty USB socket.

If it's soldering you might see it. However best to contact Chord. I think it's info@chordelectronics.co.uk

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #960 of 1,084
Using my Mojo as DAC for Liquid Spark

At 1.9 volts (Line Out minus 4 presses down), it caused the Spark to go into safety mode and was distorted.

Turned it down and issues stopped.

This wasn’t even at the recommended Line Out level.

Any idea what is happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back