Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Jun 19, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #679 of 1,084
Welp after about a year or so my mojo finally went kaput. Was charging and powering my focals playing tidal, heard a thud noise (assumed battery just died). Mojo will not turn on anymore. Tried contacting Chord, been 2 days and since today is Monday they should've at least responded by now. No luck. Anyone have this problem? I'm assuming the battery just died, but I could be wrong. Repair costs?

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #681 of 1,084
No idea. I think that there is an inherent issue with iPhone since an OS update. causing every iPohone user some serious issue. I think what you describe was it, but I am not sure as I do not follow Apple with Mojo. Since I hate Apple.

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #682 of 1,084
Not sure if this is the right forum - my Mojo seems to have developed a fault with the micro usb connection.

Will not work with my iPhone/iPad/Imac using the USB connection - the on/off light flickers & then light goes off altogether with sound coming from the source device & not via Mojo.I have tried a couple of different USB connection wires with the same outcome. There is also rattle inside the case so guess something has worked loose or broken off. It works fine via the optical connection from iMac. Anyone else had this issue? I bought it in December 2016 - will it still be covered by a warranty? I have resisted the temptation to open it up & have a look inside. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #683 of 1,084
Apple products have been causing problems with external DACs for several months, ever since an iOS update.
However if yours is rattling as well, it could be that the USB socket has come loose from the circuit board.

You will have a years warranty, so you need to return your mojo to your dealer, so that they can return it to chord.
If this is problematic, because you don't have a traditional dealer (eg ordered online from Amazon), then there is the fallback option of contact Chord via their website, and explain your difficulty, and they usually try and arrange something.

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #685 of 1,084
Apple products have been causing problems with external DACs for several months, ever since an iOS update.
However if yours is rattling as well, it could be that the USB socket has come loose from the circuit board.

You will have a years warranty, so you need to return your mojo to your dealer, so that they can return it to chord.
If this is problematic, because you don't have a traditional dealer (eg ordered online from Amazon), then there is the fallback option of contact Chord via their website, and explain your difficulty, and they usually try and arrange something.
Thanks - bought online via Amazon so will try contacting Chord direct. I don't think it is the other issue (as have suffered this problem in the past with the CCK connector & this seems completely different related to the USB).

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #686 of 1,084
Jul 4, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #688 of 1,084
I just bought a used Mojo with receipt from a local dealer dated 3-4 months old. 3 days without issues then all of a sudden today I've been having all manor of strange noises while charging. First a ticking every 10 seconds for 1-2 seconds while pulled into a 1A USB wall charger with about a 1 meter cable. I thought this might be down to a chord issue, so I swapped cords and the ticking seemed to subside.

About 1 hour later, stock cable plugged into a 1A iPhone wall charger: a long (minutes) whining sound starts coming out of the DAC like its full of hot bubbly air slowly escaping. I plugged the charger back into the computer rather than the wall charger and the whining started slowing over a minute or two until it was back to quiet.

I'm very worried about this behavior and equally worried I won't get any support from Chord due to having bought it used (though still 1 year since originally purchased). Any advice would be helpful. I'm not used to finicky electronics; most everything I've bought just works...

Edit: seems like the whine goes away when turned on. I don't know what I'm talking about but it seems to me like it will charge normally till it should be full then it won't turn off - it just whines and wheezes. I have an email in to Chord support - we will see how that goes and I'll be sure to report back.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #689 of 1,084
Anyone have slight noise/hissing in the background with their mojo? I notice it with my Campfire Audio Andromedas, although with cheaper IEMs I don't. I don't know if this is something new, but I don't remember hearing it before and I don't think it's something I would have missed. Happens when the Andromedas are plugged in, regardless of whether a source or battery is connected.

Jul 6, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #690 of 1,084
Anyone have slight noise/hissing in the background with their mojo? I notice it with my Campfire Audio Andromedas, although with cheaper IEMs I don't. I don't know if this is something new, but I don't remember hearing it before and I don't think it's something I would have missed. Happens when the Andromedas are plugged in, regardless of whether a source or battery is connected.

What drivers are you using? I get digital artifacts (in the form of faint pops/clicks) with DirectSound and WASAPI out of Foobar and Musicbee but it's completely clean using the ASIO drivers.

Which brings me to my problem: I get digital artifacts with WASAPI both in push and event mode with Foobar and MusicBee - I was under the impression that WASAPI in exclusive mode should be bit perfect? Does anyone know what's happening here?
Also outputting through my android phone (Huawei Mate 7) via OTG cable and Onkyo HF Player and Neutron (both trial versions) I get quite a lot of digital artifacts and distortion. Neutron is slightly better than Onkyo Player after reducing the hardware latency setting but both are pretty bad. I thought both apps were supposed to output bit perfect via usb, does anyone have any experience of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back