Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
May 23, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #661 of 1,069
Mojo guros,

I am current looking for a good DAP for my se846 (z7 moded for home) instead of iphone 6 for casual in the pocket listen with out mojo stack, since i broke 2 fiio lightening musb cable already. I am happy mojo user but the iphone stake is big and run out of storage especially many DAPs now can take on 2 micro SD cards.

I went and tried higher end 1a/1z/1es vs mojo on balanced for few hours in Sony store, 1a/1z/1es has that airiness feel and details, but voice feels recessed towards the back and a bit dark, mojo voice is much more fore-front and presentable, vocals are strong for mojo. I have also tried the new AK Kann briefly and it seems it's comparable with Mojo on voice, but it's way too big and heavy, but storage is huge 128+256+512!

I am gear towards on the Onkyo DP-S1 for it's small size but it seems not able to connect to Mojo at home. Anyone has any suggestions on a mojo sounding DAP will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

May 28, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #662 of 1,069
Mojo guros,

I am current looking for a good DAP for my se846 (z7 moded for home) instead of iphone 6 for casual in the pocket listen with out mojo stack, since i broke 2 fiio lightening musb cable already. I am happy mojo user but the iphone stake is big and run out of storage especially many DAPs now can take on 2 micro SD cards.

I went and tried higher end 1a/1z/1es vs mojo on balanced for few hours in Sony store, 1a/1z/1es has that airiness feel and details, but voice feels recessed towards the back and a bit dark, mojo voice is much more fore-front and presentable, vocals are strong for mojo. I have also tried the new AK Kann briefly and it seems it's comparable with Mojo on voice, but it's way too big and heavy, but storage is huge 128+256+512!

I am gear towards on the Onkyo DP-S1 for it's small size but it seems not able to connect to Mojo at home. Anyone has any suggestions on a mojo sounding DAP will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Why not just wait for the Poly? Micro SD cards, controlled from your iPhone. Does Roon and other networking. A lot easier to carry (assuming that its a tight connection between the two units.) Poly seems like the swiss army knife of the mobile/home Mojo ecosystem.

Jun 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #663 of 1,069
I can`t find answer to my question in this thread. Sorry if it was discussed million times before.

I have Mojo in my office system so what will be the best choice for the longest battery life:

1. My Mojo always connected to charger when it plays music.

2. My Mojo gets full charge at night and plays without charger during working day.

What option will be the best? And Why?

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #664 of 1,069

Onkyo DP-S1 has USB audio out so it could connect to the Mojo.

To get USB audio out. Connect powered external Dac to powered off DP-S1 micro USB with an OTG cable. Power on DP-S1 and from the play screen select the “three dots” icon next to the song title. Choose the “triangle with 3 waves” icon in the upper left and select USB audio.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #665 of 1,069
Sorry but short term the answer is no.

The main mojo thread has plenty of posts asking the same question, and the apple update has affected dacs from many other manufacturers. We are all waiting for the long term solution to appear (Apple to update the code, for instance), although in a few weeks you will have Poly available, and no need to use the Apple cable.

First of all, I'm not sure about the root cause of the IOS 10.3.x issue. But I suspect (guess) that the problem might be related to PCM audio stream through USB interfaces. Some 3rd party IOS playback apps like iAudioGate (from KORG) have a feature to trans-code PCM audio stream into DSD audio stream. So I tried to see if this "DSD transcoding" circumvents the issue.

Code:
Experiment environment:
iPhone 6 with IOS 10.3.2,
iAudioGate 3.2.5: Set playback sample rate to "2.8MHz"(i.e., real-time conversion to DSD output)

Experiment scheme:
flac (PCM) --> iAudioGate App (PCM-->DSD 2.8MHz) --> Apple CCK [usb]--DoP-->[usb] Mojo

Result: It seems "DSD transcoding" method circumvents the issue, at least in my system.

It's NOT a long term solution to the issue. But if your playback apps have DSD output conversion feature, and if you still struggle with the-digital-output-drops-completely-after-a-few-minutes issue, it worth trying.

Regards

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #666 of 1,069
First of all, I'm not sure about the root cause of the IOS 10.3.x issue. But I suspect (guess) that the problem might be related to PCM audio stream through USB interfaces. Some 3rd party IOS playback apps like iAudioGate (from KORG) have a feature to trans-code PCM audio stream into DSD audio stream. So I tried to see if this "DSD transcoding" circumvents the issue.

You can update your phone to iOS11-beta and it should work again. I tried it today and it did run ok for the 30 minutes i tried...

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #668 of 1,069
I can`t find answer to my question in this thread. Sorry if it was discussed million times before.

I have Mojo in my office system so what will be the best choice for the longest battery life:

1. My Mojo always connected to charger when it plays music.

2. My Mojo gets full charge at night and plays without charger during working day.

What option will be the best? And Why?

Thanks!

I use mine charged overnight and played during the say. Some people who left theirs plugged in all the time, ended up with battery problems.

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #670 of 1,069
The new Mojo I got has a bad coil whine problem. Will be returning it.

Having read a few threads about this problem, I'm very disappointed with Chord's handling of it and the fact that it still exists despite being known for over 1 year. I very much like the sound of the Mojo, but I've heard the iDSD BL is comparably good and will be looking into that.

Jun 16, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #671 of 1,069
Does any one have a problem where Mojo disconnects some time while connected using USB Input ??

Might want to check your cable before making any decisions. (Like get a cheap one from ebay for £1, just to test it.) There have been cases of Mojos doing your fault though.

Also some folk get problems if they are using HD-audio, and cheap cables. Getting a quality cable fixed it.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #672 of 1,069
Guys, I have seruios isseu, in TIDAL if I enable exclusve mode the Laptop shutdown with blue screen.

its happen after installing windows 10 driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back