Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 7, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #39,811 of 42,765
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #39,812 of 42,765
Yeah. But it clearly says "New Product Launch". Does this mean Mojo 2 ? I'd say very likely !

Or the Hugo wireless module (like Poly) that was tipped in another thread.

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #39,814 of 42,765
Yeah. But it clearly says "New Product Launch". Does this mean Mojo 2 ? I'd say very likely !

No, it is the launch of the 2GO (Poly for the Hugo 2).

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #39,815 of 42,765
No, it is the launch of the 2GO (Poly for the Hugo 2).

2Go or Mojo2 who knows,Chord are keeping us guessing.

The price of the Mojo is back up to £399 in the UK now I think that is odd and strangely timed with a new product announcement at CanJam.

I'm now starting to think perhaps its both, a new Mojo2 and 2Go. The Mojo2 will steal the show and act as a smoke screen to cover the launch 2Go a product that will be overpriced and not work properly for 70% of its users.

Mojo2 will be by my guess £499 in the UK too.

Well that's my thinking anyway for what it worth.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #39,816 of 42,765
Not much info is available right now expect for the dates & location. There is another one planned in Bristol: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/trade-show/the-bristol-hi-fi-show/

Thxs for info. I just received a new Mojo1 @$399 and don't plan to make a decision on it until after NY Bristol. It will remained unopened until after the shows.

If the new price is around $599, I'm not sure what the optimal game theory play would be depending on features.

Nice to have a few weeks to consider...

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #39,818 of 42,765
I'm not sure what the optimal game theory play would be depending on features.
Always remember that a core element of game theory is rational decision making.
There are plenty of studies reporting that humans under stress, often make irrational decisions.
Read enough head-fi posts, and you will see examples of some posters getting very stressed, then trying to decide which piece of kit to buy next.
For those posters, game theory is a poor mathematical model to use.
:relaxed:

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #39,819 of 42,765
Always remember that a core element of game theory is rational decision making.
There are plenty of studies reporting that humans under stress, often make irrational decisions.
Read enough head-fi posts, and you will see examples of some posters getting very stressed, then trying to decide which piece of kit to buy next.
For those posters, game theory is a poor mathematical model to use.
:relaxed:

Fortunately, this isn't my first Mojo Rodeo. This will be for general purpose use (videos, audiobooks, gaming, music and hopefully a portable dolby digital surround video rig). It's a rational secondary complementary rig without much subjectivity or emotions involved.

Since Chord products are non-fatiguing and special, I decided to long ago to standardise on Chord. Other products I cannot listen to very long (< hour) without some type of fatigue. Not the case with Chord especially via optical, I can listen through a whole battery session. It's just a balancing act which mobile Chord products to plug-in that makes the most sense optimally. That's why I can just leave this hobby cold turkey for years without keeping up with FOTM products and just pick-up the next Chord iteration when released without a second thought except for the right price.

I do admire the passion involved with the Mojo and I'm sure the Mojo2 will continue that tradition. This time around though, it's purely rational. If these products were limited, it maybe different but once released one can pick one up anytime when they are ready.

BTW, on some other Chord thread you mentioned something about the "full" Chord team being in NY. I don't consider it a "full" Chord team if your not there with them, even if it's in a unofficial capacity.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #39,820 of 42,765
Thxs for info. I just received a new Mojo1 @$399 and don't plan to make a decision on it until after NY Bristol. It will remained unopened until after the shows.

If the new price is around $599, I'm not sure what the optimal game theory play would be depending on features.

Nice to have a few weeks to consider...

Depends if you have any need for what may be the new features, Bluetooth and balanced output.

I know Chord have said that Mojo doesn't need a balanced output but people think balanced = better and with every DAP these days having a balanced output it's difficult to fight that perception.

Not having it must be affecting sales, is it the moment for Chord to jump on the balanced bandwagon though?

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #39,821 of 42,765
Hi guys. I'm getting less-than-expected battery life out of my 1+ month old Mojo (bought brand new).I charged the Mojo fully and for the past couple of days, I've been using the Mojo with my Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones, which has relatively low impedance & high sensitivity. Most of my listening was done at reasonable volumes, not too loud (the orbs stayed around red-amber color, never above amber). By my estimation, I only got around 5 or so hours of playing time with this setup, 6.5 hours top. Is this 'normal'? Quite disappointed with the battery life so far, seems like it has to be charged most of the time. Was expecting the stated 8 hours of battery life. Any input would be much appreciated.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #39,822 of 42,765
Hi guys. I'm getting less-than-expected battery life out of my 1+ month old Mojo (bought brand new).I charged the Mojo fully and for the past couple of days, I've been using the Mojo with my Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones, which has relatively low impedance & high sensitivity. Most of my listening was done at reasonable volumes, not too loud (the orbs stayed around red-amber color, never above amber). By my estimation, I only got around 5 or so hours of playing time with this setup, 6.5 hours top. Is this 'normal'? Quite disappointed with the battery life so far, seems like it has to be charged most of the time. Was expecting the stated 8 hours of battery life. Any input would be much appreciated.
Most of the energy is used for processing the data, and only a few percent is used for driving the headphones.
I think @Rob Watts posted that the type of music data can impact the amount of processing, so the first question would be what type of music file are you using?
RBCD, flac, dsd, etc.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #39,823 of 42,765
By my estimation, I only got around 5 or so hours of playing time with this setup, 6.5 hours top. Is this 'normal'? Quite disappointed with the battery life so far, seems like it has to be charged most of the time. Was expecting the stated 8 hours of battery life. Any input would be much appreciated.
If I remember correctly in case of Mojo the max time is not for USB input. Anyway I only use USB with Mojo and mine has similar playing time. Closer to 5 than 6.5 hours.

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #39,824 of 42,765
Ciertamente, la caída de los precios en el acorde mojo se ha mantenido excelente al menos en España, y en cuanto al costo de la batería, estoy de acuerdo en que depende mucho de la calidad del archivo de música

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #39,825 of 42,765
Ciertamente, la caída de los precios en el acorde mojo se ha mantenido excelente al menos en España, y en cuanto al costo de la batería, estoy de acuerdo en que depende mucho de la calidad del archivo de música

Hola, solo en inglés, lo siento. :)

Other than that, Google Translate translates as below, so I'm not sure what you mean?

"Certainly, the drop in prices in the mojo chord has remained excellent at least in Spain, and in terms of battery cost, I agree that it depends a lot on the quality of the music file"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back