Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 11, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #39,842 of 42,765
Hmm alright. Because I've read that a good R2R DAC like the Audio GD-11 (which is around the price range of the Mojo) may be more full bodied, bassier and natural sounding according to several user impressions.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I moved on from R2R tho. I'm not looking for trickery in DACs, just accuracy. Anything else is fatiguing. When I hear bassier, all I think about is fatigue and my head exploding. We are all at different stages in this hobby. In the early stages, these attributes may sound attractive. But I'm at the late stage in this hobby and just want what the recording intended, nothing exaggerated.

When Audio GD was in it's prime, I lived nearby where I can just pick up DAC. When I tried to purchase, I was told "we only sell to Western markets". Now that I'm back in a Western market, I'll pass. It was much easier picking up a R2R Tera Player from Germany than a local seller.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #39,843 of 42,765
That well known Audio Science review and measurement site would not agree with user impressions on that.
I have read some impressions on different sites of the Audio GD-11 R2R to the Mojo, not on ASMR

I'm just curious about it, since while I love the Mojo, I would like a bit more bass to it for my HD 650, and I'm curious if there are DACs/amps around the same price range that are similarly smooth and natural, yet with more bass quantity.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #39,844 of 42,765
I have read some impressions on different sites of the Audio GD-11 R2R to the Mojo, not on ASMR

I'm just curious about it, since while I love the Mojo, I would like a bit more bass to it for my HD 650, and I'm curious if there are DACs/amps around the same price range that are similarly smooth and natural, yet with more bass quantity.

It can't be purchased new anymore sadly, but I would recommend you have a listen to the Oppo HA-2SE it has a very nice bass boost option that I personally really enjoy and its a nice DAC too.

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #39,845 of 42,765

I have zero interest in headphones, but when I was looking into dampening material I ran across the KISS 650 mod:

Mod

Not sure it relates to your "increase in bass qty.", but may give you some additional ideas for tweaks.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #39,846 of 42,765
I understand where @SteveOliver is coming from.
I bought an Oppo HA-2SE whilst I waited to see how the Mojo was received by the public.
A key criteria was the ability to also use the Oppo as a battery bank - this was in my mind because I enjoyed walking through the local forest at weekends, and my phone battery often depleted leaving me without google maps.
I enjoyed the Oppo HA-2SE when using it during my daily commute, and often thought that 'if the Mojo is better than this, then it is special'.
When i tried the Mojo, then I realised it was special.
But the Oppo HA-2SE, even second hand, is still a nice piece of kit if you need the bass boost option. I will add that I think the Oppo also has a styling that is easy on the eye, and easily slips into a jacket pocket.
Much as I like the Mojo, I realise that it is not for everyone, so maybe the Oppo is the best solution for you.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #39,847 of 42,765
Feb 12, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #39,849 of 42,765
Xduoo X10T ii, via Coaxial.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #39,850 of 42,765
As we all know Mojo is very transport sensitive and can sound quite bad hocked up to usb with a phone. What is the best portable transport device for Chord mojo.

Accidentally there is an interesting discussion on exactly this topic but in different thread at head-fi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...fficial-thread.831345/page-1205#post-15462994

I am looking into xDuoo X10T II myself as transport option so any further impressions about it (especially with Mojo) are more than welcome :)

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #39,851 of 42,765
Accidentally there is an interesting discussion on exactly this topic but in different thread at head-fi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...fficial-thread.831345/page-1205#post-15462994

I am looking into xDuoo X10T II myself as transport option so any further impressions about it (especially with Mojo) are more than welcome :)
456259B7-6329-4839-99BD-C8129035D6D2.jpeg

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #39,853 of 42,765
One website has published a price for the 2Go product, I searched the website and couldn't find a price for a Mojo2 type device of any description. It looks like we can stop the rumours of a Mojo2 at least for now, apologies if I fanned those flames a little. :wink:

I think it's only natural to speculate whether out of interest or to reduce risk. I took the "nothing to see here for the Mojo2" approach and decided to keep the Mojo. I could be wrong after this weekend, but I'm looking for value and keeping things basic for my current project.

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #39,854 of 42,765

If you are using your Mojo with Windows, you may want to try out EqualizerAPO. I don't EQ, but Equalizer APO is a dependency for Hesuvi which I plan to use for Virtual Surround in games. EqualizerAPO flattens out your headphones before Virtual Surround is processed:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

AutoEq has hundreds of headphone profiles from oratory1990
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser HD 650

I believe you can bass boost this way to experiment in finding your signature. You can figure which steps to take next after you find your sig...

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #39,855 of 42,765
Well, I opened and charged the Mojo yesterday. It's a keeper. So glad I didn't settle for the Chi-Fi DACs... It's more of a waste to go with the Chi-Fi stuff in the long run. Better to pay a little more for solid well-implented, don't use cheap components internally Western goods.

The device on the left (Switzerland) has synergy with the Hugo2. The smaller device (UK) sounds flat with the Hugo2, so I just chalked it up as a 'throwaway' prototype. Wrong, it has synergy with the Mojo so it wasn't a waste. I have not tried with glass optical yet, just a thin POF plastic optical fiber. So my desktop music source into Mojo is already set. So glad to have a small footprint and keep a separation of my primary SQ rig from my secondary SQ rig. So after listening, this is not just a general purpose project, but a secondary SQ project. Used half a battery session when I should of been sleeping. Could not stop... Good stuff.

Again, I use iPeng (German developer) for front-end. It's pretty seamless, very little latency. Almost like a integrated device. A solid decade of development and refinement makes for a polished product.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ipeng/id767266886

http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-8/

tilt.png

jb.png

Now, I can focus solely on the sound isolation project and move on from this hobby till the next iteration of mobile Chord goods.

I can control both devices in parallel in needed:

IMG_4480.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back