Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 5, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #38,463 of 42,765
Dear friends, I own Chord Mojo for two weeks now and should admit its amazing musical qualities, my first question - is there anything similar to the Mojo in the price range and, if possible, in size range? I am aware of other Chord products but they are definitely beyond of my financial abilities.

My second question relates to the charging, my Mojo takes almost 7 hours to charge fully with high quality 2A chargers, someone said it is normal. However it is really long time.

Still, I hooked up USB tester last time I charged Mojo and it gave 5,200 mAh capacity of Mojo battery! It is really strange, I tried the tester on my cell phone (turned off) and it gave me pretty accurate capacity of its battery. Different sites say that Mojo battery is 2,200 mAh. If it is really 5,200 - at least it would explain long charging time.

Could you please comment on these questions? Thank you!

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #38,464 of 42,765
Still, I hooked up USB tester last time I charged Mojo and it gave 5,200 mAh capacity of Mojo battery! It is really strange, I tried the tester on my cell phone (turned off) and it gave me pretty accurate capacity of its battery. Different sites say that Mojo battery is 2,200 mAh. If it is really 5,200 - at least it would explain long charging time.

When I tested mine with a similar device I noticed that even after the charging light has gone off Mojo still continues to draw a small quiescent current, maybe caused by losses in the the charge circuit.

Anyway, if it was left it plugged in for a few days (not recommended) the measured capacity would continue to increase until it was unplugged.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #38,465 of 42,765
When I tested mine with a similar device I noticed that even after the charging light has gone off Mojo still continues to draw a small quiescent current, maybe caused by losses in the the charge circuit.

Anyway, if it was left it plugged in for a few days (not recommended) the measured capacity would continue to increase until it was unplugged.

I am very careful not to keep it for a long time on charge, and disconnected once the charge was over.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #38,466 of 42,765
I am very careful not to keep it for a long time on charge, and disconnected once the charge was over.

Understood. Mojo gets warm during during charging which probably indicates its charging circuit is less than 100% efficient. (85-95 would be my guess) That will explain the extra mAh's taken during charging.

In order to measure the true battery capacity you would need to insert a measuring device between the charge circuit and battery.

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #38,467 of 42,765
Is your cable picking up RFI after the Jitterbug? Is it shielded?
I use the Moon Audio Black Dragon ($100) shielded USB cable, and it sounds fine, but after 1 minute of use, my Mojo gets this weird loss of bass and slight loss of lower mids, and gets slightly brighter as well.

After I curve the cable a little bit, it gets good again, and after a minute the same problem occurs again.

So I don't know whether it's RFI or not, but it's definitely very annoying, since there seems to be no solution to it.

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #38,469 of 42,765
Understood. Mojo gets warm during during charging which probably indicates its charging circuit is less than 100% efficient. (85-95 would be my guess) That will explain the extra mAh's taken during charging.

In order to measure the true battery capacity you would need to insert a measuring device between the charge circuit and battery.

You are very much right, if it would be more efficient it would not get warm so much even without ventilation holes. I have IFi xDSD and it is totally enclosed and still did not get even close to the heat Mojo generates.

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #38,470 of 42,765
What then is the “perfect” USB charger for the Mojo? 1A, presumably?

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #38,472 of 42,765
Is there any risk to the lifespan of the battery by using a more powerful charger? It’s a LiFePo, isn’t it?

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #38,474 of 42,765
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back