Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #31,502 of 42,765

A pause is not the problem; it's skipping over the first moments of the track entirely that is the problem. (The cause is apparently the delay of the DAC due to the extra processing it does.) When the music starts, it has cut off the beginning of the track. But as I covered already, the foobar2000 plugin that lets you insert silence before each track fixed it. (Not the fade feature you mentioned.) Perhaps you don't keep up with the thread?

I actually get more of a pause either way since I load tracks into memory.

What is the name of this plugin?

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #31,503 of 42,765
FYI, Rob Watts (the Mojo designer) prefers the Nighthawk due to its performance and smooth delivery. I picked up the Nighthawk when it was 40% off before the Nighthawk Carbon was released and it basically matches your description for your preferences. What I really like about them is the flat impedance response and the very low distortion. I think the Mojo/Nighthawk combo is fantastic. When I want to hear everything in the music with ridiculous dynamic punch I use the Focal Utopia with the DAVE. When I want to lose myself in the smooth warmth of the music I use the Nighthawk with the Mojo.

How are the nighthawks compared to audeze sine?

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #31,504 of 42,765

Go for the Nighthawk. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you give some time to your brain to adjust to its unique sound signature, you may fall in love with them. Great synergy with Mojo. I still love this combo for many-many months now. Amazing sound imo, and great value for the money.

FYI, Rob Watts (the Mojo designer) prefers the Nighthawk due to its performance and smooth delivery. I picked up the Nighthawk when it was 40% off before the Nighthawk Carbon was released and it basically matches your description for your preferences. What I really like about them is the flat impedance response and the very low distortion. I think the Mojo/Nighthawk combo is fantastic. When I want to hear everything in the music with ridiculous dynamic punch I use the Focal Utopia with the DAVE. When I want to lose myself in the smooth warmth of the music I use the Nighthawk with the Mojo.

Interesting thanks!

I just splashed out for the Nighthawk Carbon 2nd hand for £300.  Seller describes them as mint.  I should have them on Tuesday.  They retail £599 over here so I think i got a bargain.  I hope I like them.

I was reading John Darko's review of the Mojo and he said they put meat onto the bone when it comes to the timbre of the Mojo.  I'm liking the sound of that!

I'll update my thoughts about the phones soon.

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #31,505 of 42,765
Apr 1, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #31,506 of 42,765
I tried the Nighthawk's at my local Best Buy Magnolia. I'm going to assume they were "just" out of the box and not properly amped, because when I heard them... they were lifeless and dark. I didn't think much of them. Especially considering what everyone else seems to think about them. I do have Sine coming in on Tuesday though. I also picked up a pair of Brianwavz HM5 pads to go with them. Can't wait to try them out. If they are as good and as comfortable as I hope.. I putting my LCD-2F and Deckard up for sale. 

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #31,507 of 42,765
Hi Betula.

Really no way.  They are interesting sound wise.  I'm just reading some more reviews of the AQ NHC now.  I'll have a think about it.  I think I need to do some more research about them first before I splash out or does an early bird catch the worm?  I don't think they will sell today but you never know.

Any other phones for £300 ,preferably 2nd hand as I can get more bang for buck?

Must have great synergy being driven from the Mojo!

You already have one of the best headphones in the world trust me, Spend your money on music.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #31,508 of 42,765
I tried the Nighthawk's at my local Best Buy Magnolia. I'm going to assume they were "just" out of the box and not properly amped, because when I heard them... they were lifeless and dark. I didn't think much of them. Especially considering what everyone else seems to think about them. I do have Sine coming in on Tuesday though. I also picked up a pair of Brianwavz HM5 pads to go with them. Can't wait to try them out. If they are as good and as comfortable as I hope.. I putting my LCD-2F and Deckard up for sale. 

They are quite dark, not everyone can get used to the signature.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #31,511 of 42,765
Does anyone know where i can get bumpons for chord mojo? I lost one among the 4 stuck on to it.

I don't remember this question being asked before, so there is no existing guidance I can give.
All I can suggest is contact Chord, and ask if they will send you one.

Failing that then Google for adhesive silicone feet, and see what links are discovered.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #31,514 of 42,765
The M1060 sounds glorious with Mojo. I listen on red/orange and there is plenty of power to spare. Right now they are $400 on amazon but the msrp is $300. Monoprice is going to be restocking them mid April and hopefully with some tweaks to the build.

Zeos just did a review of them which came out today. He liked them better than the LC-2 and said they are in line with the LCD-X in the sound quality dept. I don't always agree with his reviews or the way he tests his equipment but this time he is pretty spot on about these headphones.

They look like nice phones but shipping over to the UK will make them too dear because of the collapse in the pound since Brexit, plus taxes and shipping.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #31,515 of 42,765
Anyone here using the coax input on the Mojo? I would like to know if you're suppose to be able to adjust the volume on the player or like the USB input, only the Mojo would control the volume? 

And you're using the volume of the player-transport, at what volume should it be set not to affect too much the ''pure'' sound of the Mojo Dac? 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back