Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 31, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #31,471 of 42,773
I had a response from Chord on Twitter to say that "Since 10.3 non-genuine Apple cables are effected. Switching to an authorised cable will clear the issue." I'm using an official genuine apple CCK and then Chords cable or USB block. What other genuine apple cable are they suggesting I use?

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #31,474 of 42,773
I had a response from Chord on Twitter to say that "Since 10.3 non-genuine Apple cables are effected. Switching to an authorised cable will clear the issue." I'm using an official genuine apple CCK and then Chords cable or USB block. What other genuine apple cable are they suggesting I use?

I received the same response from my Amazon seller. My CCK is a genuine Apple cable. Further, my Mojo did not work when plugged into a Windows PC (with the appropriate drivers). I'm not certain in my case if it is 10.3 or the unit. I am in the process of sending it back as it is still within the Amazon return period. I actually found another Mojo at an even lower cost ($498 USD) from a different seller on Amazon.

I am hoping that it is the unit and not 10.3, but I will find out for sure in the nex few days.  Meanwhile. listening to my music right out of the iPhone.  
confused_face.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #31,475 of 42,773
My CCK was bought direct from Apple. It too has connection issues. Every so often drops the connection. Disconnect and reconnect cable from phone resolves. Not ideal. It's the ugly BIG CCK3.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #31,477 of 42,773
Mar 31, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #31,479 of 42,773
What type of update is it - full or beta?

Apple have a long history on this thread, of releasing beta version updates, which stop connections working (and sometimes bricks the chips in third party connection cables).
The full release of software usually works fine.
Your options are probably revert to your previous version of iOS, or just live with the beta version until the full release happens (not what everyone wants to hear).

Sometimes the chips in the cables become permanently bricked, and then the only option is a new cable. 

iOS 10 has wreaked similar havoc with the Oppo HA-2 and HA-2SE. The issue has been narrowed down to a problem with the iOS 10 USB driver.

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #31,480 of 42,773

apple just wants you to buy another from them.
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #31,481 of 42,773
I'm scared to update my iPod touch 6th gen as I use a custom cck cable from Forza audio works. :confused:

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #31,484 of 42,773

just to confirm @x RELIC x - the cable that you used here is a FiiO L16?

I'm planning to do a DIY Coax cable - 3.5mm to 3.5mm - would you be able to help me with the pinouts? tried reading the FAQ section but it wasn't really stated there. Planning to connect the Mojo and Cayin i5 - and i read it also uses the same configuration as with FiiO X5 (http://penonaudio.com/Coaxial-Decoding-cable-for-Chord-Mojo-with-DAP?search=mojo)

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #31,485 of 42,773
just to confirm @x RELIC x
- the cable that you used here is a FiiO L16?

I'm planning to do a DIY Coax cable - 3.5mm to 3.5mm - would you be able to help me with the pinouts? tried reading the FAQ section but it wasn't really stated there. Planning to connect the Mojo and Cayin i5 - and i read it also uses the same configuration as with FiiO X5 (http://penonaudio.com/Coaxial-Decoding-cable-for-Chord-Mojo-with-DAP?search=mojo)

Yes, it's the FiiO L16 and it works with the X5-1's separate 3.5mm TS coaxial port. Yes, I know, I know, it's a stereo TRS cable meant for line-out connections and not a shielded 75 Ohm coaxial standard cable. It does work though as the signal and ground line up with the pin outs.

For the Cayin i5 you need to use their USB C to coaxial cable as they don't have a 3.5mm coaxial port for the i5. There's plenty of information on the i5 thread if you do a search for coaxial output, or just ask there (Andy Kong usually replies rather quickly).

Edit: This post will be of use to you.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802382/cayin-i5-lossless-android-dap-with-akm4490-dac-supporting-32-384-pcm-64-128-dsd/2085#post_13033755

Users who are viewing this thread

Back