Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 5, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #6,271 of 42,765
I have the same issue with the m8. Mojo doesn't seem to be supported natively. I have found that you need to use uapp with the screen permanently left on and set the option 'one packet per transfer' otherwise there are is a wierd crackling sound..

It doesn't happen on my nvidia shield tablet (where the mojo seems to integrate well and allow Spotify and native tidal support).

I suspect this means it is an m8 specific issue. Hopefully marshmallow will fix it?

Ade

My Samsung Galaxy S6 works natively with Mojo Jojo.

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #6,272 of 42,765
Dec 5, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #6,273 of 42,765
  Has anyone compared between the Mojo & the X7?
I am looking to purchase either one.

The only reason why I am holding back on the mojo is because I very much prefer portability.
To me a stack is not as portable as a single box solution.

I will be using it mostly for Spotify and Tidal and using it with my SE846 and Sony ZX1.

Therefore, if the sq of the mojo is not a significant upgrade over the x7, I might just end up getting the x7 instead.

Thanks!

I made comments on it less than a week ago on this; you can search in this thread.  The X7 (as repeated in this thread already) has a huge soundstage and sounds "holographic"; wide and deep.  However, that results in a little unreal listening, not intimate, while the Mojo is more reasonable in the sound stage.  The Mojo distinguishes itself IME on the fast transitions.  The X7 seems blurred / smooth when the notes are played very fast, kinda like the tip of a bird's wing when it is flapping quickly and the shuttle speed is too low (sorry photographer here 
biggrin.gif
 ).  This is with RBCD album ripped onto FLAC.

I'll be doing more listing on pure DSD (ie not converted to PCM first) later to comment on DSD128 albums

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #6,274 of 42,765
  Thanks for the reply, I will try it tonight. 

If mobile signal is interfering, this should happen to all the people using mobile phone and it will kind of limit the usage of this super portable DAC.  

When the HTC M8 phone was in aeroplane mode, the interference was reduce dramatically, however, I could still hear an unusual click or background noise here and there which was not present in PC or even my old Nexus 7 (2012), separating the phone and the mojo apart using longer usb cable did not help

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #6,277 of 42,765
Dec 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #6,278 of 42,765
Hi guys, newbie here need some help. I am using the HTC one M8 phone to pair with Mojo. The phone is stock Lollipop rom 5.0, I am not getting native USB audio out when it paired with the Mojo. Basically, I need to use either Onkyo HF player or UAPP to play my songs. Even worse, I am getting random clicking or shudder noise every 1 or 2 minutes which is not there when using the headphone out. Mojo is fine with PC or MAC. So it is the problem of the phone. I wonder if anybody use M8 here? Any suggestions?

Same experience here, I haven't tried properly but I played a few songs from the device memory and there wasn't any clicking.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #6,279 of 42,765
So, I've picked up my unit from e-earphone. And... it doesn't hiss like the one I initially borrowed through either Mac or iOS. Which presents a problem: there may be a large number of units with potential output problems. If these problems get sorted, this is THE DAC and amp to make your smartphone completely embarrass high-end players. Of course, at normal listening volumes hi-end players have no reasonable advantages at all

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #6,280 of 42,765
Today is my first day using the Chord Mojo as portable DAC for a Fiio X5 (first generation) DAP. CIEMs being the original Heir Audio 4A and 1964 Ears V6.

The sound quality is fantastic for that price point. I have been using the same set of songs in either Redbook CD or lossless to audition speakers and headphones for close to twenty years now. For USD$599 the improvement in timing, transients, vocal presence, based on what I am familiar with from my test tracks, is well worth it. Absolutely.

I used to abstain from a DAC pairing because I really wanted more portability but consider me a convert!

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #6,281 of 42,765
Ooooh! I just had gotten wind about the planned attachments for the Mojo. Old news to most of the community, but new people learn new things. The attachment that allows to run an SD card got me screaming like a girl. Does anyone from the community or from Chord know when the attachments will be up for sale? Also, will there be a battery attachment for extended listening? Or better yet, an attachment with battery + dual SD slots in one!?!? That would be glorious heaven. :)

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #6,282 of 42,765
Ooooh! I just had gotten wind about the planned attachments for the Mojo. Old news to most of the community, but new people learn new things. The attachment that allows to run an SD card got me screaming like a girl. Does anyone from the community or from Chord know when the attachments will be up for sale? Also, will there be a battery attachment for extended listening? Or better yet, an attachment with battery + dual SD slots in one!?!? That would be glorious heaven. :)

I believe in 2016, but I heard that the SD attachment is going to be much further out than that. Really, only an idea at this point.

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #6,283 of 42,765
Hey guys, I have some questions about mojo

Can I play music with any app (even youtube)if I connect it with iphone6?
Is it possible to play and charge with windows8 as a desktop Amplifier and DAC?( Especially I want to try it with some FPS games, is it possible for mojo to recognize the sound from any softwares in Windows8?)
Have any one tried to use mojo with D7100 or D7000? 
Is moon audio the only place you can order mojo(I know they will take 10% restocking fee if I return mojo)

Thanks!

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #6,284 of 42,765

Is it possible to play and charge with windows8 as a desktop Amplifier and DAC?( Especially I want to try it with some FPS games, is it possible for mojo to recognize the sound from any softwares in Windows8?)
Is moon audio the only place you can order mojo(I know they will take 10% restocking fee if I return mojo)

Thanks!

I got mine from TTVJ: http://www.ttvjaudio.com.  Don't worry about restocking fee.  You won't send it back. 
L3000.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #6,285 of 42,765

Thanks!

If your source outputs a digital signal you most likely can use the Mojo. It has two USB ports, one for the signal and one for charging so you can listen and charge at the same time. I use a 2 amp adapter and it works fine. Don't return the Mojo and you avoid the restocking fee. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back