Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 4, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #6,246 of 42,765
  Got today my custom 90° angled mono interconnect cable, really great quality and fit's perfect:

Compare with iBasso coax interconnect.

Great size and build quality.

Is this an @derGabe cable?
The reason I ask is that it uses the same right angle connectors as pics of his previous work, but not the same coax cable. Yours is a twisted pair and will lose the shield to emr. Hopefully such a short length will not cause issues.

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #6,247 of 42,765
I am using the stock coaxial cable using and RCA to 3.5 adapter I got in Amazon. I am doing this until I get the coaxial cable that I order from fellow head fier derGaber, which is custome made and very affordable.
There is a picture of one a few pages back in this thread.

derGaber solution looks neat.

What is the optical cable that comes with the DX80?

I thought it came with an optical but as I discovered tonight it's a coaxial cable. I did manage to buy in Maplin am optical cable with adopters. 1.5 metres though lol.

------------

Just as heads up. The iBasso DX80 via optical to the Mojo is breathtaking. Via my Sennheiser HD598. All the gear becomes one. It's the only way to describe the experience.

Va my Audio Technica M50x. Are these really a closed headphone!! Damn amazing too.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #6,248 of 42,765
  Is this an @derGabe cable?
The reason I ask is that it uses the same right angle connectors as pics of his previous work, but not the same coax cable. Yours is a twisted pair and will lose the shield to emr. Hopefully such a short length will not cause issues.

No this cable is from a great German cable custom cable vendor called OE audio systems. There are zero issues or differences on SQ. Shielding doesn't matter on a such a short 5cm cable, even if my smartphone (with LTE and WiFi enabled) is next to my Mojo stack, no issues.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #6,250 of 42,765
We had the battery developed for only our mojo application. Done for us especially, It took Chord 3 years and many attempts to get the sheer ear thumping power density we have achieved in mojo. So I'd rather people didnt underestimate our design skills and I'd ask please don't think you can better it with a quick battery substitution as this can be risky or even dangerous.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #6,251 of 42,765
I have a question about lifetime of the internal battery of the Mojo.My laptop,GPS or Sansa player's batteries cannot hold charge any longer after 1-2 years,does it mean that somehow we going to have to replace the battery at some point and how would it be done?

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #6,254 of 42,765
[COLOR=0000FF]Nope the battery is not user changeable[/COLOR]
What obstructs it from being changeable?

[COLOR=0000FF]You'll get to love the buttons. They're different to the normal (boring) stuff and they're colourful. You press them down , they work. You'll have your eyes shut listening to the music most of the time anyway[/COLOR]
I'll take your word on that. I do sincerely hope you're right. It would be a shame if ergonomics would be a dealbreaker for the highly promising sound. :)

[COLOR=0000FF]I've not once had to use my Note II in airplane mode with the Mojo. The supplied cable is super short, if you get an OTG adapter pin for $1 and stick in the front of that you'll be set[/COLOR]
I previously read that the IEM issue differed per phone. Some phone models caused it, some didn't. Some folks earlier on mentioned that using a different (type of?) cable or some such helped. But I couldn't find a definitive conclusion on that.

does the color of the 'volume lights' on the mojo corresponds to the hugo?

example, same color of both hugo & mojo = same volume output?

thanks
Yes it does but in the middle mojo dual colour ball part., There is a distinct full single ball range below dual brown for IEMs and a single ball full range above dual white for super high impedance headphones too. These extras are to extend the original Hugo like volum range .... It might seem daunting but it's simple really,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back