Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #6,286 of 42,765
Dec 5, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #6,288 of 42,765

Received my taobao cable earlier today, and using Neutron music player on an iPhone 6plus running IOS 9.1, it works perfectly.  

I'm genuinely happy for you. I know of others that were not as fortunate.

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #6,290 of 42,765
I've been using an iPod touch as transport with CCK and the USB that came with Mojo. Finding that it keeps losing connection at slightest touch, and when starting a session. Annoying. X5 works fine but I need a transport that lets me play Qobuz as well. Any suggestions to fix the issue?

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #6,293 of 42,765
I've been using an iPod touch as transport with CCK and the USB that came with Mojo. Finding that it keeps losing connection at slightest touch, and when starting a session. Annoying. X5 works fine but I need a transport that lets me play Qobuz as well. Any suggestions to fix the issue?

My friend is having the same problem so a pet him try my cable and problem fixed.
Most likely than not it is the USB cable that came with your mojo.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #6,294 of 42,765
If it hasn't already been mentioned - Mojo connects fine via OTG to a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. The native Sony music player app upsamples all of my ALAC files to 196 according to Mojo. Very impressed so far. Probably safe to assume all Z5 variants work well. There are a couple things I really like about the Sony app:
  1. Upsampling
  2. Phone volume control works - great if you have a smartwatch
  3. Rotates to horizontal view
  4. Bunch of other alphabet soup audio features I have not tried yet
  5. Free with the phone

The 200 GB Sandisk card works great so this is a fine transport option for Mojo owners who are also looking to upgrade their phones. I am >90% sure, I am replacing my iPhone 6s with this phone but need to use this as a phone for a week or 2 to make sure. It uses nano SIM card so same as iPhone 6.

Size wise, it's about the same width as the Mojo, but 1.75 inches longer, but less than 0.5 inch thick. Connection is standard OTG Android micro USB and not the awful Sony Walkman connector.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #6,295 of 42,765

I'm also using the latest ipod touch with the CCK and a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable. Not having that issue but sometimes I get an error message on the Touch that says "Cannot use device: Mojo. The connected device is not supported." I have to restart and try again. Also the battery on the Touch gets sucked out incredibly fast. Maybe 4-5 hours on a device that I believe is actually rated at 20 hours:frowning2:

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #6,296 of 42,765

Using same cables, not an issue for me-in fact never happened even once

I'm also using the latest ipod touch with the CCK and a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable. Not having that issue but sometimes I get an error message on the Touch that says "Cannot use device: Mojo. The connected device is not supported." I have to restart and try again. Also the battery on the Touch gets sucked out incredibly fast. Maybe 4-5 hours on a device that I believe is actually rated at 20 hours:frowning2:

Troubleshoot the issue - take the CCK out of the equation by hooking up the mojo to a computer with the same usb cable, wiggle the cable at both ends, no dropouts then it's more than likely the CCK is the culprit.

I am on my 3rd CCK and 2nd usb cable, let's see how the on order lavri and taobao cables fare

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #6,297 of 42,765
Size wise, it's about the same width as the Mojo, but 1.75 inches longer, but less than 0.5 inch thick. Connection is standard OTG Android micro USB and not the awful Sony Walkman connector.

That's interesting in that you can just use standard OTG and not the Sony WM connector. Does anyone know whether this applies to most Xperia phones that run on Android?

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #6,298 of 42,765
So, I've picked up my unit from e-earphone. And... it doesn't hiss like the one I initially borrowed through either Mac or iOS. Which presents a problem: there may be a large number of units with potential output problems. If these problems get sorted, this is THE DAC and amp to make your smartphone completely embarrass high-end players. Of course, at normal listening volumes hi-end players have no reasonable advantages at all

Don't know if this was intentional or not but I really enjoyed the laugh I had reading the line in the article about a perfect world where "music was recorded in vacuum".

Great stuff.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #6,299 of 42,765
I have a question. when configuring mojo per the manual on MAC it says to set the sample rate to what you desire in APPLICATION - > UTILITY -> AUDIO MIDI SETUP -> OUTPUT -> MOJO, should i just select the highest or will Jriver MC20 do all that for me?  Highest available option is in this audio midi setup is 768, default is 44.1.

What is integer mode and should i check "exclusive access"?

Previously when I tried to play DSD in Jriver, i got the light purple 768kHz light.  With the bitstreaming option changed to DSD, the mojo is now showing the silver DSD light, nice:

Literally every song I listen to with the Mojo, I hear stuff I've never heard before.  I just heard a weird instrument about 25s into Amber Rubarth's - "Hold On" that I've never heard before.

Also is it sacrilege to EQ the Mojo?  I find that when I'm listening to bass-heavy tracks I enjoy a little sub-bass bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back