Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,366 of 42,765
I can't talk for Distributors but I can speak of the great service that I've experienced from Price-Japan on many occasions regarding shipping.

Price-Japan offer two options when shipping items, the first is the standard fare 'signed-for' via national mail service (think Royal-Mail, EMS etc.), the second option is via Courier (UPS, FedEx etc.) the latter being a lot faster but at an extra cost (delivery 3-5days sooner)... it might be a good idea to ask your Chord Distributor/Dealer if they have shipping options when ordering, I also find that Courier delivery is way more secure for expensive items, hth.

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #1,367 of 42,765
Listened to this today for an hour. Friend of mine got it already. I'm so glad i dont buy into the typical headfi-hype nowadays. Dont get me wrong, the Mojo is a great sounding unit. No doubt about it. But the improvement over my Ibasso DX90 or my iPhone 5s with the Oppo HA-2 is so small and barely significant, that buying it for 600€ is not an option for me. I really believe that most guys here are suffering from the new-Toy-Syndrom, which is making everything new, sound like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Sound will change when you are listening alone. I mostly listen to tone/timbre and musicality - if it has better timing, it's staying.

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #1,368 of 42,765

I have a tour X7 coming and by then will have my Mojo (sadly looks like it will not come before I leave for holiday for a week, thanks to the Australian distributors deciding that the extra few dollars saved on shipping to NZ were really an important margin that had to be preserved). Should be interesting.

Didn't understand, what did the distributor say?

I did collect mine on Monday.

@deuter Collected from where?

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #1,369 of 42,765
Although this very point I'm going to make will make me seem elitist, it backs up your point completely...

As mentioned last night, the JH Layla and the Shure SE846 used to sound whilst not the same, not too indifferent, when running from my various sources, however - adding the MoJo into the mix, there is a massive chasm between the two IEMs, which more than justifies the price difference...

Whether this is better synergy between the MoJo and the JH crossovers, or - magic pixie dust, or - well, whatever it is, it is a genuine phenomenon that even a deaf person would be able to hear (i.e. it really is NOT a subtle difference!)

If truth be told, I truly hate the level that I have reached, it serves me no benefit as I really cannot enjoy my music unless I have a very specific setup in my hand.

...It is both a blessing, and a curse...

(Oh, and the food analogies that followed mine - yes, they work well! :))

Sounds to me like whichever headphone/iems between the two, one is clearly more resolving than the other.

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #1,370 of 42,765
Personly this is my opinion, i think whats happened here is the follwing and what i think people should do.

People have been dying to get their hands on a hugo for a while but the price tag always got in the way but they still lust for hugo.
Now that the mojo is here everyone can get a slice of the chord pie for a good price. hype hype hype hype. its what they always wanted (hugo cheaper) so basicly now its "the best DAC under 1k" you have to remember that not a lot of people can even hear the difference between dacs from £200-£2,000+

i think its a good dac but when it gets the salt and pepper hype poured all over from headfi members its made out to be like its making about 50% or more of the overall sound quality of your headphones when in reality its much less a % due to a lot of excitement more than likely.
might be a good idea to let the dust settle after a new product launches it could avoid dispointment, i have even seen people make an instant order because of one persons quick opinion on an amp/dac/headphone.

best thing to is spend time with a product on a home trial if you can and try and get a good match with your headphones/ earphones.

remember not to assume higher price means better sound. i have heard a £400 headamp that sounded better than £1,600 but that was because in my mind it was a good match. 

component matching/ synergy > high spec/ high end/ high price.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #1,372 of 42,765
A great summary, I agree about the interference, i'm not a heavy phone user but yesterday when a couple of texts came in it was so annoying to hear the interference, not something I ever have with the HA2.

Thanks. I wonder if Oppo went with the faux-leather exterior deliberately to counteract interference. I do like the look and feel of the HA-2.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #1,373 of 42,765
Thanks. I wonder if Oppo went with the faux-leather exterior deliberately to counteract interference. I do like the look and feel of the HA-2.

Don't want to derail the thread but the HA-2 is wrapped in genuine animal skin. One of the reasons I avoided it.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #1,375 of 42,765

Don't want to derail the thread but the HA-2 is wrapped in genuine animal skin. One of the reasons I avoided it.

Hey, synthetic animals have feelings, too, ya know!

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,377 of 42,765
And this is why I never have any money and end up re-purchasing stuff I'd sold.

Well i'm debating whether to sell the HA-2 or keep it alongside the Mojo. I have actually tried hooking up the HA-2 to a turntable via the line in and listening with headphones, worked really well. Mojo doesn't offer this function. The more you compare them they really are very different products but i'm loving the lush rich detailed sound of the Mojo.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #1,378 of 42,765
Well i'm debating whether to sell the HA-2 or keep it alongside the Mojo. I have actually tried hooking up the HA-2 to a turntable via the line in and listening with headphones, worked really well. Mojo doesn't offer this function. The more you compare them they really are very different products but i'm loving the lush rich detailed sound of the Mojo.

Very different sounds, too. The HA-2 was, like iBasso's DX90, too harsh for my ears. But then I have sensitive ears.

I think Mojo is a step above (and Hugo is king).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back